We stayed here for a week in January 2013.
Loaction: Resort is situated about 10-15min drive to Surfers Paradise, which was good for us because we don't like the hussle and bussle.
Checkin: Was smooth and pleasant.
Room: We were allocated a room as per what i had booked. We did have a maintenance issue with the room on day one, so we were moved to a new room one floor down but better. They did start charging me a new higher rate, but was fixed when i bought it to their attention. The rooms are quite nice, however the baths are a little old. We had two double beds which were fine for 2 adults and 2 kids. Our view was overlooking the kids jumping pillow and playground with views of the coast.
Resort: The resort itself is beautifully maintained. The report is HUGE, with golf course and great swimming pool area.
A few highlights: The GOLF!!! It was great, and can highly reccommend. And again the pool area with water slides for the kids was great. The High Tea was very nice and very well priced. The room service was very nice and well priced. We had the buffet breakfast one morning which was nice and had all the favourites. Trattoria is one of the restaurants we ate at, it was very nice (i had the 'Inferno' pizza which lived up to its name). Make sure you book for this one as it seems to be very hard to get a table.
A few negatives: The 40min wait for a bacon and egg roll from the golf bistro. Not enough seating by the pool. Housekeeping has to lift there game, rooms were not cleaned to a 5 star standard.
Overall we had a nice stay, but may look elsewhere for our next visit.
- Also Known As:
- Racv Royal Pines Hotel Benowa
- Racv Royal Pines Hotel
- Racv Royal Pines Ashmore
- RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast, Australia - Benowa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smart, contemporary and set on a world-class golf course, RACV Royal Pines Resort offers everything needed for a sun-kissed holiday on Queensland’s most famous stretch of coastline. Set a short distance from the white sandy beaches of the Gold Coast, and at the heart of the region’s sand belt, this 100-hectare resort is set on a champion golf course. It’s midway between the sparkling coastline and the lush beauty of the hinterland rainforests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your RACV Royal Pines Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.