“Good place to party and eat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bunna's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koh Rong Samloem
Bunna's Place
You added Bunna's Place to your Saves list
Koh Rong Samloem, Cambodia   |
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good place to party and eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

At least the shower works and they have dorms so good for a single traveller and although you wake up hot and sweaty you will all throughout the island and this has its generator of electricity on for longer and good WiFi so you can charge electronics during the day. Awesome place to eat and party as well.

• Stayed May 2014

Families
Business
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

First off a little something about the island: Koh Rong is paradise but it is ruined by loud, drunken backpackers. I feel most sorry for the local people who were on the island long before the tourists and now have to endure loud dance music until 3am.
I also had to question 'friends of koh rong' which encourage backpackers staying on the island to pay a visit and teach the children for a day. Having spent several years as an ambassador for an orphanage in Phnom Penh and a former volunteer myself I'm concerned this isn't responsible volunteering and doesn't benefit the children. How would you have coped at school if every day you had a different teacher who didn't speak your language, had no curriculum, no teacher training and was probably hungover too?

Now a few words about the guesthouse: Now I'm used to Cambodian guesthouses and hostels and am a great believer in less is more but Bunna's Place was one of the most uncomfortable stays I have ever had.
The place was beyond basic, there was no sink, no working shower, only a bucket which was full of dead flies. The bathroom also had no window or light so was very dark.
The room itself was a raised mattress and a mosquito net which was full on holes.
At night we had rats in our room and the music was loud. We could also clearly here the other guests who were drunk and making some very strange noises.
We left the next morning and moved further down the beach where it was much nicer and quieter and we actually had plumbing, bedding, a fan and a working mosquito net. Bunna's staff tell you than water is scarce on the island but I think this among other things is an excuse for bad management.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Worst hostel I've stayed in !! The girls that work there are permanently hungover and don't care if paying guests know it. They have no idea what they're doing an nobody seems to be in charge. Rubbish rooms, beds, showers (a bucket), dirty, music all night!! Waste of six dollars a night- would rather have stayed in a tent

• Stayed February 2014
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I don't know where to start. No lockers, no wifi, no working fan or air con, no locks on doors, no usable showers just a bucket, holes in mosquito nets, loud music ALL night. And because the floors are just wooden pannels with gaps all over the music really is loud in the rooms. Even with ear plugs you will not sleep until 2am. Guaranteed. I thought I could sleep through most things but my god this was unbearable. I guess thats good if you like to party all night but if you don't then please go somewhere else. There are much better options for no extra cost. $7 is an absolute rip off and I would definitely never stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Leuven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Loud music all night long, no sink, no mirror, no proper shower, toilet didn't flush, ratshit everywhere, bedbugs in a friend his bed, the walls are thin, the cat of the owner came in the rooms at night, the owner Bunna is a fishy and strange guy.

For a drink, the bar is nice. But impossible to sleep here!

Go to white rose hostel, the best place on the island!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Whatever you do, avoid this place like the plauge. We got suckered in to staying here after we arrived at Koh Kong with no accomadation. I should have be on my guard when the owner said she had plenty of room when the rest of the island was booked up!! We dumped our bags and hit the beach, not realsing the horrors to come! After sunbathing all day and being covered in sand we wanted a shower the one in the room didn't work when we told the girl who was working she told is there was no showers on the island as the waterfall was low and we would have to have a bucket shower which was fair enough however the bucket was located in the toilets at the back which was basically open sewage floating around the stench was un bearable. We later found out there is showers every where else except there. There is no sink to wash your hands or brush your teeth, so we had to brush them next to the open sewage running next to the building. Even though there was none sat downstairs in the bar the music went on till 5 am getting louder and louder you can hear everything beetween the gaps in the floorboards. The beds swayed like they were in an earthquake and I was worried the building was going to collapse. I also had my flip flops stolen, oh and my friend had a massive hole in her bag where a rat had chewed through. The western women who owns it should be ashamed of herself, the staff were rude and on drugs and looked dirty especially the one called Amy who rolled out of bed the next with the same clothes on covered in stains. Worst hostel in 4 years of travelling

• Stayed December 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

When I arrived on Koh Rong, I didn't have anything booked. Apparently I had arrived during the peak time for the island, and wasn't able to find anything after 2 hours of walking up and down the beach. The staff at Bunna's caught on to my desperation and offered me a spot in a hammock or on their balcony for $2, and I gladly took them up on it. There ended up being 4 people sleeping on the balcony that night!

Yes, they play music, and they play it loud until the bar closes. That was around 2am for me, but even on nights when I needed to get to bed a bit earlier it wasn't a huge deal. If you can't deal with it, this might not be the place for you. I was there to have a good time though, and that's exactly what I did!

Bunna is a crazy guy! One of the nights I stayed was his daughter's birthday. After her birthday party, he carried over a few CASES of whisky and gave everyone free whisky drinks for the night - that should help you get an idea of the kind of guy he his and the atmosphere around the place.

I stayed in the dorm, it was pretty standard for a Cambodian dorm. The fans turn off when the power goes off, which is when the bar closes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Bunna's Place? Share your experiences!