We loved everything about our four night stay at Tir y Coed, and wished we had stayed longer. As all the reviews indicate, this small hotel, set in a lovely valley, is beautifully run by Alan and Ian. We stayed in the large Rowen Suite, but we could have been perfectly happy in any room. Breakfasts were delicious. You should really try the pancakes - one of us became addicted to them! We also enjoyed dinner on two nights, and each night provided a delightful experience of food and wine.
There is much to do in the area, but do take a walk through the village of Rowen, and visit the church and the pub. We had dinner one night at the pub, and it was very good pub food. We also had dinner at the Groes Inn one night, and while not close to the standard set at Tir y Coed, it was quite acceptable. We loved visiting Conwy for Plas Mawr and the Castle, and other days visited Caernafon and Anglesey. The highlight of our stay, and perhaps of our whole six week trip, was the Friday night singing at the pub in Rowen - friendly people singing beautiful Welsh songs.
Hopefully, it won't be too long before we return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tir y Coed is a haven of peace and tranquility. Surrounded by an acre of mature landscaped gardens on the edge of Rowen, one of the Conwy valley's most delightful villages and just within the boundarys of the Snowdonia National Park. Most bedrooms have views over the gardens and vary in size and style as would be expected in a period house, Each room has either an en suite bath or shower room, T.V., refreshment tray and clock radio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Tir y Coed Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tir y Coed Country House Hotel Rowen
- Tir y Coed Country Hotel
- Tir y Coed Country House Rowen, Wales