“Quaint little French place with friendly owner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, French, Bistro, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Quaint little French place with friendly owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place after reading all the raving reviews from other members. The place is comfortable enough, and the selection of pastries can really make your mouth water.

The coffee is however from the Nespresso machine (which we knew beforehand) but being a big fan of espresso based coffee, the output from the machine was a disappointment.

The carrot juice was however pure and an enjoyment.

The home made ice cream didn't exactly blow me away too, since I expected something creamier, but the ice cream served here was a bit on the rough edge.

All in all, nice place to chill out and sample out the great selection of pastries. The owner and his staff are really friendly people too.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
Bowral, Australia
“Best patisserie outside of France!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stocked up on some treats while for an afternoon tea and was amazed at how good they were. Have so far tried th millefuille, chocolate meringue and almond croissant. All were spectacular! The cafe itself was spotlessly clean and the prices were actually reasonable, although expensive by Malaysian standards, it was still cheaper than what you would pay for even average treats in Australia. We will definitely be back to see what else we can sample!

Visited July 2013
“Yum, yum, yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is a little gem!!! It's like Aladdins Cave when it comes to nice sweet treats. I Had the cheesy and tomato quiche while my mum had the broccoli one. Both were delicious, a little on the pricey side for Langkawi but in my view worth it. We shared a mocha almond cake, definitely enough for two! Will be returning for the hot chocolate and almond croissant. The place was spotless and it was nice to be able to see into the kitchen. This is definitely a place that you want to check out while in Langkawi.

Visited July 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great breakfast place, my favourite in Langkawi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I go to Langkawi quite often and every time I love to enjoy breakfast at La Chocolatine: staff and management are nice and they offer true French patisserie.
Almond croissant is my favorite one and Nespresso coffee is great (and normally it is not available in Malaysia - I don't understand why).
I tried home made ice cream that is very very good.
They point on quality and people can get a true European breakfast despite being 15000 km far.
Definitely the place to go.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Must try the eclair!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Found this little gem just off the main road in Langkawi. My only regret is that I didnt visit it sooner- there is so much my friends and I wanted to try my friends that we decided to share several dishes to get through as many as we could! It's a very cute and clean patisserie and the staff are very friendly. There's also a viewing window into the kitchen where you can watch the baker rolling the croissants and making pastries.
The chocolate eclair is an absolute must, the best I have ever tasted! Other great desserts include the home made icecream (coffee was great), the delicious macarons, the chocolate tart and the brownie (heated up, of course).
Also tried the wraps and sandwiches (on their freshly baked bread) which were delicious. Do not leave Langkawi without a visit to this little place. And make sure you go with an empty stomach!

• 5 of 5 stars Food