“Hotel Usual Premier Inn Standard, but Unfriendly Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rooms from £63
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rainham
Solihull
“Hotel Usual Premier Inn Standard, but Unfriendly Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hotel-wise Premier Inn Rainham is as you'd expect: clean, comfortable and well-managed with very friendly and helpful staff on reception.

Just beware of directions : enter the postcode and your satnav may take you to Premier Inn Dagenham, the friendly receptionist there said it happens 'all the time'.

The restaurant next door, run by a chain I'd never neard of - table-table - was another story. The food was OK, not exceptional in any sense, but the staff were totally devoid of any sense of humour, efficient enough but no sense of welcome or friendliness.

Indeed, at breakfast, my friend remarked 'It's like being served by prison warders' (I'm not sure how he knows that :-)

He's from Durham, and I'm from Solihull, and we decided that this reflected the difference between North and South, but I've stayed elsewhere in the South since and not found this. perhaps a management issue table-table (and Premier Inn) should address?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The first time I have stopped in a Premier inn and I can say I will definitely stop again. After a long day with lots of travelling with two young children the rooms were clean and child friendly a very comfortable nights sleep. Eating in the restuarant next door was also a goof experience. Good service and tasty value for money food made and a good end to a tiring day. The breakfast the next morning was good value for money especially as the children ate for free. All round a very pleasant child friendly place to stay. Good facilities and very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2013
Bromyard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The room was fresh and clean. Very comfortable bed, bathroom was sparkling clean the staff were knowledgeable, friendly and kind without being overbearing . I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to my family and friends
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Wingene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very good and well located hotel for a trip to London with a car, we park at the o2 for 11 pound a day and with the jubilee line you are in central london in just a 45 minutes, the breakfast is well worth the money, kids eat and sleep for free.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for a night as was attending a ball at the Manor hotel the receptionist was so helpful and very pleasant.The room was very cleam and nicely decorated just perfect for a one night stay.We had breakfast next door at the Willow Adam there was amazing so welcoming and friendly great breakfast at a great price would not hesitate to recommend both places.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hellingly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

nice friendly staff. Rooms clean in great location for lakeside shopping centre about 10 mins in car. Has nice table to table resturaunt next door, Good meal deal all you can eat breakfast and 3 course dinner with 1 drink £22 per adult.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Wootton Bassett
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

First of all I entered the postcode given to me on the confirmation booking. After a 4hr drive I went to check in to be told I was at the wrong hotel and that Sat Nav always points people to the wrong hotel!!! Maybe this should be detailed in the directions as where I was meant to be was 15 minutes away. Not a great start.

Finally arrived and was greeted by a friendly lady on reception who was quick to spot that my room was on the ground floor so she moved me up to the top floor. The room was huge and very comfortable however the window didn't close properly so the room was freezing - even with the heating on and slightly noisy from the traffic.

I ate dinner in Willow Farm next door and although the food was good the service was appalling. Myself and one other table waited 15 minutes for anyone to even ask if a drink was wanted. The staff just seemed away with the fairies and my waitress asked me to repeat 3 times that I wanted the bill!!

Returned to the restaurant for breakfast and was greeted by a friendly man called Dan. He immediately showed me round the breakfast options and he could see I was on my own so found me a quiet table where I could work. He happily made me a costa coffee as well! Breakfast choice was good although the hot items were quite cold.

I had a good sleep here and it was quiet so I would return however I would eat dinner at a different location based on the service received.
For me as a single traveller I like to feel safe and Premier Inn continues to make me feel that way when I stay. Thank you

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Premier Inn Rainham? Share your experiences!