“Fantastic Anniversary Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Fantastic Anniversary Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

After reading were very apprehensive about going and even contemplated going elsewhere, but I am glad we didn't. We arrived at 6.30pm on a Sat evening to be shown to our table without any fuss. This was our first time eating here and we were spoiled for choice, my two children ate from the kids menu and my husband had the porky pig meal, whilst i had the lamb steak. We did wait a while for the main meal but as we had shared a combo as a starter it was not a problem. Once the food arrived it did not disappoint, it was fabulous, we all thoroughly enjoyed what we had. Finished off with coffee and desert. Once of the best meals we have had in a long time definately will be returning. Fab price also.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“So, so disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We keep living in hope and trying this place, as it is our local and we would love to eat here regularly - have a drink and walk home - but every time without fail we are left wanting and disappointed! It is great for the kids - there is a playground/climbing frame - to keep them amused - but it has got to the point where I think that we shall give up trying to eat here as it is a complete waste of time! Just to illustrate, the latest disappointed occurred as follows: we thought we would take advantage of the kids eat for £1 on a Thursday night - which is reasonable enough. So ordered drinks for everyone, and food for everyone. The kids meals arrived ok - then we were left waiting for 30 minutes, my partner's burger arrived - stone cold, without the onion rings and coleslaw that was advertised as being part of the meal, so we sent it back - and after 45 minutes, and after the kids had finished their meals, mine still had not arrived. We tried to catch a member of staff, who brought the manager over. We explained the situation - and she said she would look into the situation for us. About five minutes later, someone brought over the cash price of the burger and my meal and that was it! So I was left wanting, and my partner had a tantalising bite of a cold burger! I had to then go home and cook dinner, so I was very annoyed with the Albion. If you go there, prepared to be disappointed! We were and we keep trying!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dagenham, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible service, slow is a understatement!! Whether a couple or prebooked large group!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This pub has now lost mine & my family/ friends custom after many chances given to improve their service to get food out in a reasonable time after ordering.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible Terrible Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Never have I experienced such bad service in a restaurant,ordered starters and had to approach the bar 2 times to check how long they would be over the space of 1 hour 45mins no starters arrived at the table and the main course was bought out and when I told the waiter he apologised and took the food away and said he would go get our starter eventually our started did arrive at our table with no side plates we asked the waiter if he could get us some only to return with such dirty plates it was unbelievable total time spent in the restaurant 2 hours 50 mins no food and the enough was enough decided leave and went else where TERRIBLE!!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Albion, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Kam D

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Albion with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Flaming Grill
Caterham, United Kingdom
“Lunch time - Random Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

After hearing M25 was at a stand still me and the wife found this place and all I can say is " more traffic jams please !!" food was fantastic , staff was welcoming if I had to fault this place it could only be on the fact that I had to drive home bloated !!

will be back traffic jam or no traffic jam

• Visited April 2014