“CHEAP AND VERY GOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Padua, Italy
“CHEAP AND VERY GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We came across this bustling place one sunday lunch and we got the very last table , it was packed with people on a sunny day on the terrace. All Italian families , lots of kids having fun , sons with elderly mothers and a few dogs under tables eyeing each other off. The terrace is magnificent the tables set under magnificent trees. The wait staff were run off their feet, but this did not detract from their efficiency. They were local people and keen to please , like most friendly country folk are. We were promptly served our bread , wine , water and waited not too long for our pasta . I had pasta l'anatra ...duck sauce . My darling had the pasta fungi , ....mushroom sauce. Both generous helpings of fresh pasta . We had vegetables to follow,and some grilled meat .
I was watching people devour huge platters of grilled mixed meats like it was going out of style and the chicken looked really good. Making me wish I had that instead , because I always love roast chicken , oh well next time.
The thing that will surprise you the most is the price. IT IS SOOOO CHEAP .. I felt embarrassed to be paying only 4.50 euros for a plate of pasta and 9 euros for a steak . No wonder the place is packed . Thats one of the great things in the area around where I live there are so many friendly family run restaurants where menu prices stood still , so to speak. These family owned trattorias been operating for years there are no high price rents to pay here in the countryside so the prices reflect that.
There were no tourists there , it does not look as if one tourist has even reviewed this place ..its a genuine Italian style place where you can get a real look into how Italians do it on sunday lunch . Sure there are classier places at much higher prices in the area , but this place as far as value for money goes takes my number one vote, and I can't wait to bring a whole group of friends here for a nice lunch that everyone can afford .
I loved this place . The mamas, the kids, the dogs , the wait staff , the noise , the bustle , the real people here. I will return

• Visited September 2013