“The Real Deal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Colazza
Type: Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook on the Lakes is an Italian Cooking School on the Lake Maggiore, in the north of Italy. ALL COURSES HAVE HANDS-ON PHILOSOPHY! Every course has its own goals. We'll start to prepare the food all together as a group. We will know the recipes and their history, learn the basic skills, cook them. Usually all the lessons will start in the morning around 9 PM; we will work the whole morning until the food is ready and then we have lunch together; if your partners are around, they can join us for a small fee. When the course is finished, we will take pictures with your Italian cooking diploma and I'll give you a special souvenir to take home. Enjoy the location, totally surrounded by the nature and at the edge of the woods. On warm seasons the vegetables and other natural products will be available from my garden, from Germano's, my neighbour, a wise and expert gardener, and from the nearby local market place. If the weather is fine, we'll enjoy the food we cook outside in the garden and in the sun! See you soon!!! Francesca
Turin, Italy
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Francesca, her beautiful garden, whimsical home, and superb cooking skills made for a magical day. The class was making pizza dough, focaccia, panzerotti, and pana cotta. I'll never look at a pizza the same way now that I see all the love and care that goes into making this dough! She gave us so many fantastic tips!!! The panzerotti, like a mini fried calzone, OMG fried dough? I've died and gone to heaven. We all had a fabulous day. I can't wait to take another class and bring my friends visiting from the USA. A great experience.

Paruzzaro, Italy
“Outstanding - A marvelous day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A day at cook on the lakes cooking school was one of the best days I have spent in italy. What a fun experience this was! Our instructor Francesca was Charming, funny and very knowledgeable. We felt genuinely welcome in her very own kitchen and intriguing home. Her gardens were fascinating

We learned how to make pizza , focaccia and pana cotta. This was an all hands-on skill training class with excitement and fun. Then we got to eat our creations, which were wonderful!!!!
If you have an interest in cooking and want a great time, I recommend Cook on the Lakes.

I plan on returning for some of her other classes.

Bernate Ticino, Piemonte, Italy
3 attraction reviews
“Everything dough cooking class.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I've always wanted to make my own pizza dough. I'm a picky pizza person. Want my crust very thin and little sauce as possible. Francesca opened up her home to us. Felt like family in her home. Francesca is an excellent instructor. I can't wait to join many more of Francesca cooking classes. Love the hands on experience.

Sanford, Florida
“Ottimo!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I always wanted to learn how to cook authentic Pizza Napolitano and with the experience, patience, wisdom and love of the craft and art of cooking Italian, Francesca made my initial experience very rewarding.
Of all she taught me I think the essence was care and taking the time to "feel & hear" the food. I only heard wispers and used too heavy a hand this time but with practice I will improve. The class made me want to try!!
The Pizza was the focus for me but the class came with additional bonuses. Focaccia, Panzeretti and panna cotta. I can't claim to faithfully recreate these dishes yet but again, practice makes perfect.
If you want to learn authentic recipies and have loads of fun learning how TAKE A CLASS WITH FRANCESCA and Cook on the Lakes. You will not be disappointed.

Leonberg, Germany
“It was a great experience and a lot of fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We asked Francesca to show us all the recipes you can hardly get in the original way in Germany. Bolognese ragu and of course Cannoli, the famous Sicilian pastry. She explained us different ways of ragu and gave us helpful advice and tricks. Moreover, it was lots of fun and we enjoyed it very much.