We were just recently on a 4 days/3 nights rafting tour/stay at the logde.
It was great rafting and we were so amazed when we arrived at the lodge. Wish we had upgraded to the deluxe room instead as the standard room was dark and not that nice, however our guide said that he could not assist with this.
The rest of the lodge was so beautiful and the guides made the BEST food ever. We did hikes, zipline, waterfalls and horseback riding. It was all good fun, however we were a bit concerned about the horses, as they were VERY skinny and tired. Felt pretty bad that these horses had to carry up up the mountains in that heat. The guide felt our concern and said that in high season they are working hard and in low season they are really fat... but stil...
We were alone the last two nights, which was okay, but I think the 4 days was 1 day too many.
The rafting trip on the last day was so much fun!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Rios Tropicales Hotel Siquirres
- Rios Tropicales Hotel
- Rios Tropicales Lodge Costa Rica/Siquirres
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our multi-day trips treat you to an exceptional adventure vacation experience combining rafting on the Pacuare with a stay at our remote "Eco-Lodge", tucked in the rainforest on the banks of the river. A trip of pure magic, unsurpassed beauty, wildlife and ravishing rapids; Pacuare is the quintessential tropical river. Along its course lay several densely vegetated gorges, which shelter, jaguars, ocelots, monkeys, sloths and an incredible variety of birds. Also found within these gorges, is some of the best whitewater in the world. "at its lodge, hammock-filled, thatch-roofed huts, offering dorm and honeymoon style rooms, surround an even larger thatch-roofed lodge net to a gurgling waterfall linking the huts to the lodge’s open-walled dining room, bar and reading room are bamboo-railed boardwalks that make wearing anything but river sandals sacrilegious. Don’t get so comfortable in the reading room’s hammock; however, that you miss the cocktail-hour bell; in true jungle fashion, all apres-paddle drinks are served in coconut shells." (Paddler magazine article, jan./feb.1999, edb). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Rios Tropicales Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.