Went on two day Paucare River rafting adventure and simply can't say enough positives. From the time we got to the operations center and ate the delicious breakfast to the final lunch when we returned, we were treated with great service and experiences. Jorge was our guide and did an outstanding job taking us off the beaten path stopping several times, letting us fully experience the river.....starting with jumping into the rapids! The lodging was more then sufficient; we were only in the room to sleep because we spent the evening eating the fresh fruit and playing cards with other travelers. The second day was full of aggressive rapids with fewer stops. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this excursion and recommend it to anyone who is adventurous but isn't quite ready to go out on their own on a relatively rugged jungle river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our multi-day trips treat you to an exceptional adventure vacation experience combining rafting on the Pacuare with a stay at our remote "Eco-Lodge", tucked in the rainforest on the banks of the river. A trip of pure magic, unsurpassed beauty, wildlife and ravishing rapids; Pacuare is the quintessential tropical river. Along its course lay several densely vegetated gorges, which shelter, jaguars, ocelots, monkeys, sloths and an incredible variety of birds. Also found within these gorges, is some of the best whitewater in the world. "at its lodge, hammock-filled, thatch-roofed huts, offering dorm and honeymoon style rooms, surround an even larger thatch-roofed lodge net to a gurgling waterfall linking the huts to the lodge’s open-walled dining room, bar and reading room are bamboo-railed boardwalks that make wearing anything but river sandals sacrilegious. Don’t get so comfortable in the reading room’s hammock; however, that you miss the cocktail-hour bell; in true jungle fashion, all apres-paddle drinks are served in coconut shells." (Paddler magazine article, jan./feb.1999, edb). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Rios Tropicales Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rios Tropicales Hotel Siquirres
- Rios Tropicales Lodge Costa Rica/Siquirres