I could have stayed for days looking out on the Pacuare from my hammock swing! Being the non-adventure seeker of the family (the Mom of boys in their 20"s) I was not looking forward to this part of the trip where we were to river raft down to our lodge which had no accessability to any roads. It poured the entire rafting trip and dripping wet we rounded a bend and there was this GEM built into the side of the river and the mountain. We had a deluxe room which was amazing with a beautiful slate bathroom, open air mesh windows and an incredable view of the river. The rushing sound of the water musically lulled me to sleep and I experienced one of the most peaceful nights slumber which will be remembered for a long time. The downfall was that we only stayed one night - you have to go for a minimum of two and plan on absorbing the tranquility of the surroundings for an extra day or more. The only negatives were 1) no hot water and 2) While we were sleeping, it rained all night and the river rose a foot making it non-navigatible, forcing us to hike out straight up a mountain and then approximately 2 miles in knee deep mud. Not for wimps, yet I'd go back in a heartbeat!!
- Also Known As:
- Rios Tropicales Hotel Siquirres
- Rios Tropicales Hotel
- Rios Tropicales Lodge Costa Rica/Siquirres
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our multi-day trips treat you to an exceptional adventure vacation experience combining rafting on the Pacuare with a stay at our remote "Eco-Lodge", tucked in the rainforest on the banks of the river. A trip of pure magic, unsurpassed beauty, wildlife and ravishing rapids; Pacuare is the quintessential tropical river. Along its course lay several densely vegetated gorges, which shelter, jaguars, ocelots, monkeys, sloths and an incredible variety of birds. Also found within these gorges, is some of the best whitewater in the world. "at its lodge, hammock-filled, thatch-roofed huts, offering dorm and honeymoon style rooms, surround an even larger thatch-roofed lodge net to a gurgling waterfall linking the huts to the lodge’s open-walled dining room, bar and reading room are bamboo-railed boardwalks that make wearing anything but river sandals sacrilegious. Don’t get so comfortable in the reading room’s hammock; however, that you miss the cocktail-hour bell; in true jungle fashion, all apres-paddle drinks are served in coconut shells." (Paddler magazine article, jan./feb.1999, edb). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Rios Tropicales Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.