We stopped at Costa Rica on a cruise to Panama Canal. Coach journey from cruise terminal was over an hour and felt like 10 minutes! The guide on the coach was excellent, funny, relaxed and informal. (He was also our skipper on the water)
On arrival at the centre, there was a welcoming cup of excellent coffee, before heading to the river.
The whitewater rafting was fun, exhilerating! and the scenry and bird/wildlife magnificient.
On return to the centre, there was a superb lunch with a range of food to suit even the fussy eaters!
A huge thank you to the staff for a fabulous, friendly and exciting experience, and the additional cd is worth every penny (delivered to my door back home in Scotland within 3 weeks!
Don't miss the opportunity!!
- Also Known As:
- Rios Tropicales Hotel Siquirres
- Rios Tropicales Hotel
- Rios Tropicales Lodge Costa Rica/Siquirres
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our multi-day trips treat you to an exceptional adventure vacation experience combining rafting on the Pacuare with a stay at our remote "Eco-Lodge", tucked in the rainforest on the banks of the river. A trip of pure magic, unsurpassed beauty, wildlife and ravishing rapids; Pacuare is the quintessential tropical river. Along its course lay several densely vegetated gorges, which shelter, jaguars, ocelots, monkeys, sloths and an incredible variety of birds. Also found within these gorges, is some of the best whitewater in the world. "at its lodge, hammock-filled, thatch-roofed huts, offering dorm and honeymoon style rooms, surround an even larger thatch-roofed lodge net to a gurgling waterfall linking the huts to the lodge’s open-walled dining room, bar and reading room are bamboo-railed boardwalks that make wearing anything but river sandals sacrilegious. Don’t get so comfortable in the reading room’s hammock; however, that you miss the cocktail-hour bell; in true jungle fashion, all apres-paddle drinks are served in coconut shells." (Paddler magazine article, jan./feb.1999, edb). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo so you can book your Rios Tropicales Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.