“No frills great thrill” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Janardan Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pangot
Janardan Resort
You added Janardan Resort to your Saves list
Pangot Village, Pangot 263001, India   |
New Delhi, India
“No frills great thrill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Its a quiet 7 to 8 room place. With an awesome view. Very helpful and enterprising staff namely lalit and masterji (the cook). Food is homelike.
Anything one has forgotten to bring from home is arranged from nainital.
Ask for masterji's aloo zeera and chicken kali mirch. Lalit can act as a birding guide also. And all of that for a very affordable price.

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bhubaneshwar, Orissa, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

really loved those big french windows! they made me feel connected to the hills. hope to get them at my home soon. food was good by mr.ramesh and room service was really to my taste by mr.lalit. congo to the free bonfire arrangement by him at such a short notice. really made my night. although i had to stay only one night due to college, i will surely come to see pangot more and stay here!

Room Tip: the roof at the one at end can show you the plains.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
lucknow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel since last one year and have visited pangot 5 to 6 times since then. Whenever there is a free weekend, we are at pangot to enjoy the lovely weather or the snowfall and stay at this hotel. Food is homely cooked and rooms are clean and decent. We loved the service and personal care provided by the manager Lalit who also took us bird watching. I would recommend this hotel to fellow travellers and friends.

Room Tip: The service room at the valley side is the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Pangot is a 20/30 minute drive from Nainital but an absolute world away in terms of peace, quiet and unspoiled nature (well very nearly unspoiled). The little hamlet is a haven for those looking for quiet relaxation amongst nature, and is pretty popular with bird watchers too.

We had initially reserved a room in the guesthouse with a view to also taking a look at the tents that they also run down in the valley, but within minutes of arriving it was clear that we were going nowhere. The rooms are basic but comfortable, but the real star is the location. Perched on the hillside looking out over the small hamlet of Pangot to the densely wooded hills beyond, it's a perfect place just to sit and relax. The guesthouse is set out with all rooms facing towards the view, with a couple of chairs under a covered porch outside each one. Peace and quiet is broken only by the occasional car passing below or langur jumping on your rooftop. The only thing that could potentially spoil the peace and quiet are the infamous group bookings of domestic tourists. Sounds snobby I know, but I've lived here long enough to know that when domestic tourists book out a number of rooms in a small hotel, in their mind it is now their house and they'll be as loud as they like thank you very much. Not much you can do about avoiding that (other than to maybe look to avoid peak season and Bengali holidays!).

There's very good homecooked food available on the premises (it'll generally be the standard dal, sabzi, jeera rice, salad and dahi), which they can bring on trays for you to have sitting on your porch or inside your room should you so choose. It's a good job too because eating out at another hotel here would be your only real option for food elsewhere in Pangot. The staff were also as helpful as we could have wanted with every request we had, impossible to fault really.

Though sadly we were there for only a day, we managed to take two long walks through the woods, passing just one local in 4/5 hours or so of lazy walking. Unfortunately it was quite hazy, so the views were great without being spectacular. On a clear day some of the vistas that open up through the trees would be simply breathtaking.

There appear to be precious few budget-minded options in the area - probably a good thing on reflection if it stops the spread of Nainital-style domestic tourism and the mountains of rubbish that are left behind as a result - so it's likely that this place gets booked out quickly in season.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have decided to visit Pangot in March-12. As a bird photographer I was looking for longer stay. There are many options available in pangot but I want to keep my trip economical.

Before reaching at pangot I have expected this a simple hotel stay but I can say it was just more than that. There are only few rooms available in the hotel so they were personally look after each and every guest. They have not only provided stay option but they have also provided pick up, drop, Bird guide, and transportation to the bird locations.

One of the best thing I have found and missing is the food provided by them. we got tasty breakfast just before our morning session. The also provided food options depending on your request. Wherever in india I stayed with food option, I havent got this facility and I am very choosy about food so I like this feature lot. as biju said it was homely and delicious. View from the hotel is also amazing. I have attached few shots taken from hotel. Generally I do not focus must on room condition because as a Bird photographer I used to stay in any kind of place but here rooms are also neat and clean and have same interior which is in any *** resort.

I am sure that when I am in pangot next time, I will be in Janardan and Stay is another reason for being in pangot other then Birds.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've been there twice - once in December and once in May. Both the times, I fully enjoyed the stay there. Food was homely and delicious. The staff was awesome. Lalit as the manager excelled in everything. He was helpful in my birding too !! Overall, good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We decided on a visit to Pangot and our stay at Janardan Resort based on the recommendations of our friends. Most of them are also bird lovers who stay at Pangot to explore the area for its lovely birds. We are really glad we made the right decision.
Janardan resort is a lovely, homely place to stay. The rooms and facilities here are basic but the food is just too wonderful to describe. And the hospitality of the staff is unmatched. They did their best to make us feel at home. Lalit, the manager, is a very warm & caring person. The cook would ask us about our tastes & preferences before each meal and about our review of the food afterwards.
We visited Sattal & other places in and around Pangot during our 4-day stay here. We were able to sight and capture on capture more than 65 different species of birds. It was a beautiful experience for us and an unforgettable holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Janardan Resort? Share your experiences!