“Worth a visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sofia Dianne

Sofia Dianne
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calbayog City
Sofia Dianne
You added Sofia Dianne to your Saves list
P-1 Brgy. Carmen, Calbayog City, Philippines   |
Toronto
“Worth a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Staff very polite. Stayed on 3rd floor, no elevator, no bellhop so had to carry my bags up 3 floors. Room nice with recessed ceiling with ornate wood surround, but infestation in the wood and sand like wood bits on bed every 2 hours. Limited menu, even further limited by capabilities of on-duty chef. After 20 mins wait I was told that the chef who can make cheese sticks was day off, so I ordered fries, took another 20 mins, then 20 mins later my sandwich was delivered [total wait 60 mins for sandwich]. Despite all, I will return there in 2 weeks cos best value for money in town.

Room Tip: Room 322 has wood rot.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was at Sophia Dianne Hotel and Restaurant with my friends and it was last year if I am not mistaken it was December . The situation you had experience is very sad Candice 1972 but if I would be on that position/employee on that hotel maybe I'll just ask for an apology . Maybe that time the hotel is fully booked . And to what you have said you are a regular guest and it was your first time experience at sophia dianne maybe the past time there you feel good naman siguro , lets just accept that was already happen as a guest I would like to ask an apology for what did happen as a regular guest also . Lets just face the reality that no matter what there is no perfect but as far as I observed they give what I need and that's a satisfaction for me ! I am a traveler so far so good . nice :) cleanliness is there ..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I always be in Sofia Dianne but their accommodation and treatment for their regular customers is very poor. First, we had an advanced reservation for 1 week stay but after 1 day the front desk told us that they want us to transfer to another room with high rate because of an occupant to our room. After 1 week, we back with an advanced reservation again, after 1 day of stayed the front desk told us to transfer to another room because there will be an occupant to our room with advanced booking prior to our reservation . After a day, We checked-out to this hotel and look for another and we will not stay to this hotel anymore!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Calbayog City hotels

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is oneof the newest hotels in Calbayog City and is worthy of consideration. It is one of the taller buildings in Calbayog, and the rooms on the top floors offer great views of the surrounding land and city. I stayed at a little less than 900 a night and the value for the price is very nice. The rooms are new, and thus very clean. Room cleaning staff here, also, seemed more dilligent than staff at other similarly priced hotels. The air con worked great. The television worked as it should. The bed was comfortable and the linens very clean. The bathroom was the bathroom/shower combined variety, but the tiles, toilet and interior werethe cleanest I have ever seen of this type of bathroom.

The restaurant downstairs is the best hotel restaurant in Calbayog, in my opinion. Prices are not high, and food quality and taste is very good. It puts Ciriaco to shame, and I preferred it to Marju's restaurant. The big problem hereis the lack of wifi in the rooms. There is none, period. To get it you have to sit by reception. This is a problem if you ever have work to do, and was the reason I left the hotel after a short stay.

This hotel is less than 10 minutes trike from the center of the city, and a few minutes away from Is Plant hotel. It becomes a problem to get a trike if you need one from the hotel, though. There were times when I had to wal to the main road to get one, which is a short walk, but still a nuisance. Strangly, they have a resident trike at the hotel, with the name all over it, but they never offered to take me anywhere in it.

There are also less expensive rooms in the hotel, somewhere around 700, but the rooms are tiny. This would be fine for someone who is just looking to sleep somewhere clean and comfortable, and are the best rooms for that price in the city.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sofia Dianne? Share your experiences!