“Flavour Explosion” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Cayuga
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Forty years of combined experience in the hospitality industry has taught the husband and wife team of Chef Dan Megna and Laurie Lilliman much about food and wine. The driving force behind Twisted Lemon is that, "fine dining is great food and great service, and is an experience that all should enjoy". And so began the concept of "redefine dining", only bringing in those pieces of the industry that they love into Twisted Lemon's positive philosophy. Located in the picturesque villiage of Cayuga, Haldimand County, Ontario, Twisted Lemon is described as a "hidden gem", which now attracts a faithful following of 'flavour junkies' and experienced diners from far and wide. Featuring a lively open-concept kitchen in a tasteful and eclectic ambiance, Chef Dan Megna's dishes are well thought out in their design. Careful consideration is put into each dish, intended to illuminate all of the senses and offer depth and balance in flavour and texture. In addition to a core menu, Twisted Lemon offers seasonal and locally inspired cuisine, including exciting monthly features, house-baked breads and pastries, tasting menu's on Tuesday's and Wednesday's and a prix fixe menu every Thursday evening. Chef Dan Megna doesn't try to be like anyone else. Here you will find quality food and service that stands on its own merit. Mission. Passion. Humour. Balance. There is a great story here....
Huntsville, Canada
“Flavour Explosion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The meal from start to finish was a expedition in flavor. The food was totally amazing however you do pay for this safari.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hamilton Ontario
“This food and dining experience is way beyond words”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Got a special someone that you want to impress with a meal to die for - try the Twisted Lemon in Cayuga. It is a bit out of the way but is certainly worth the drive out to the country.
One of the people I was with said it was the best meal they have ever had.
I don't get excited about food but I came home and told my wife we had to go there that she would love it. It is a true food experience.

I would highly recommend you give this a try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Great experience. Great value. Great fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The owners do a fantastic job of setting up a delicious and varied menu. Prices are very reasonable. Staff is top notch. People drive from hours around....I love to walk over for lunch!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cayuga, ontario Canada
“Worth the drive to Cayuga.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Eight of us went to the Twisted Lemon for dinner on Saturday...what an excellent experience overall. Right from the initial greeting to the end of the evening 'goodbye and thanks'...awesome all around. We had the private room off the kitchen and really enjoyed watching the chef and his staff prepare all of the meals for us and the rest of the diners. The quality of the food was top notch...everything was tasty, fresh and filling. My only negative would be the caesar salad...kind of bland which was surprising. The appetizer scallops were probably the best scallops i've ever had. The stuffed trout, wow! Those that had the rack of lamb raved about it...the beef tenderloin, so tender. the appetizers were quite generous in size, as were the desserts. Everyone in our party enjoyed the entire experience. We were there over 3 hours and the time flew. All of the staff, whether the waitress, bus boy, bartender,, somellier, chef, sous chef...everyone made us feel welcome, appreciated and right at home. The meal was not cheap, but you get what you pay for...and then some at the Twisted Lemon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Simcoe, Canada
“Birthday dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband recently took me to this lovely little restaurant for my birthday. We were greeted by very friendly staff and seated shortly after arriving. We had a reservation. The restaurant was full of people and the food smelled good and looked good as we were sitting at our table observing activity around us. Our drink orders were taken right away and then shortly our waitress listed off the specials and recommendations for the evening. We then took our time and ordered our dinner. Our scallop appeitizer and bruschetta came first and then we both ordered the chef's family recipe which was mostly pasta with meat sauce and sausage. I asked the waitress if it would be possible for some vegetables to be in my dish, no problem she said. Dinner all arrived in enough time for us to relax and enough conversation and our bottle of red wine. Everything was spaced out nicely, very relaxing, food was very good and very hot! For dessert I had the crème brule with crème brule ice cream and my husband had the chocolate pate. Everything was delicious! Service was very good and the whole evening was very good. We will go back again one day for sure. I would say this is a fine dining/casual restaurant. The only thing I found was the back ground music at times was a bit too loud and I was having a difficult time hearing the waitress at times other than that it was a great birthday dinner with my husband!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere