“Great Park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ohope Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ohope
Ohope Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park
4.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   367 Harbour Road, Ohope, New Zealand   |
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We only stayed there 2 nights but totally enjoyed it. Our cabin was an oldie but a goodie. Newly refurbished with absolutely everything you could possibly need. The cheeky Pom on reception couldn't do enough to help us out with where to eat, how to find places in town etc. I am so pleased we found this amazing place on the water.

Room Tip: Discuss exactly what you want with reception, they will fin it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Janene M, Owner at Ohope Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
We pride ourselves on our great service and have been rated above the group average for this from TOP 10 head office. We continually are looking to improve our rooms and this year we plan to do up our Standard Cabins also.

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed at Ohope Beach Holiday Park to attend a wedding. I originally chose to stay there for pure convenience as the ceremony & reception were at the Holiday Park's conference centre. I wasn't expecting much especially for the cheap rate I was paying. Well what a pleasant surprise I got. Without a doubt the highlight was the friendly & helpful reception staff. This was my first trip to NZ & I was travelling alone. The staff went out of their way to help me find & book a great restaurant for lunch & also helped me arrange & book an airport drop off at very short notice on a Sunday. My accommodation was spacious & clean and beyond what I expected for a holiday park. All in all I was extremely satisfied with my stay & would definitely recommend it to anyone. I plan to return with my family next time we visit NZ.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for the kind words, we look forward to having you back.
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We came across this marvelous park as we were here for a wedding that was in the conferance centre attached to the park at the Surf and Sand. We had a day up our sleeves with our kids so we were going to do something for the kids to join in on but when we got to the camp we realised that we didn't need to go anywhere. This park has everything. There is a beautiful pool with decent enough hydroslides and a great playground for the kids on top of that. The bathrooms and communial kitchen was very clean and tidy and there were even spacey games for the kids, and me...
Our room was beautiful and the cleaners were really friendly as they serviced our room every day. Louise was my favourite cleaner, she was so helpfull with knowledge and went above and beyond the call of a cleaner.
The manager was also helpfull and helped us with our return leg of our ohope experience.
Would definitly stay again, forever if possible.

Room Tip: Stay on the beachfront apartments. Wicked view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This was the one evening of the entire trip we hadn't booked in advance - a previous B&B host had said it would be a piece of cake to find somewhere to stay in or near Whakatane. In the end *everything* was full and we were getting desperate. We drove to Ohope in the hope of finding something but again no vacancies anywhere. We'd seen several Top 10 sites around NZ so as a last resort I thought we'd try this as we had to stay somewhere. We usually go for quiet or remote places, so the idea of a Holiday Park was about as bad as it gets.

We got there just as reception was about to close, however the very friendly staff member at reception took the trouble to help us out (I think she'd had a long day and was keen to shut up shop) and offered us their final beachfront appartment. This was the most expensive accomodation of our entire stay so I was thinking we were likely to have a very expensive night in an average kind of place.

How wrong we were.

The appartment was fabulous; both location but the entire appartment was so beautfiully designed and furnished; we were gobsmacked. Lots of space and wonderful high ceilings. In the end I really really regretted we only stayed one night. The appartments are not cheap - but they are worth it; it was a delight to discover Ohope; I could imagine in absolute peak season they may not be so great as they are then *really* expensive and you have people camping outside your window. At lower season there is no one camping there and you feel like you are almost staying on the beach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. You are not the first person to be surprised by the level of these rooms. Qualmark rates these rooms 5 star and we continue to receive great feedback about them.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Loads for the kids to do with a huge pool & slides and sunbathing area for parents.
Right on the beach with great views.
Good indoor facilities too.
Thanks Kirsty for outstanding service!
The Moores

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

When we booked, I was a bit concerned about how close our Park Motel was to the pool, however perched upon the rounded hillside location was perfect. The facilities were clean and bright with every extra thought of. The staff were very friendly and thoughtful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Papamoa, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed with friends in their permanent site caravan and were impressed with the well managed, clean and tidy Holiday Park. We'll definitely be back. Favourite feature is the Cafe on the park grounds, and the family friendly environment.

Room Tip: The beach front cabins look fantastic. If we didn't have friends with a permanent site, we'...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Ohope Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park? Share your experiences!