“Wonderful evening” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English, French
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Wonderful evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband, Daughter and friends and I celebrated my birthday here this week. The food was was wonderful and the relaxed atmosphere added to the evening. The Staff were attentive without being intrusive and really knew their stuff. Congratulations to all at the Purple Goose, an absolute winner.

• Visited October 2012
kingpotter, Owner at Purple Goose, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Many thanks indeed for your positive review and we are pleased you had such a great meal and enjoyed the service. We hope to see you again in the near future and thanks you for your support.

Flitton, United Kingdom
“Magnificent dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My third visit to the Purple Goose, most recently for my wife's birthday where our party of five was catered for with precision and efficiency. The quality of the food is quite simply outstanding. Attention to detail, presentation and creativity is really first class. One of the young chefs came out to our table at the collusion of our meal (lunch) and his enthusiasm and commitment was clearly evident. Attentiveness of service complements the food quality. This really is an outstanding venue in which to dine and is highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
kingpotter, Owner at Purple Goose, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks for your glowing review - we always try to make special occasions memorable at The Goose and we are delighted everything went down well. We hope to see you again perhaps for a Sunday lunch or evening meal. Many thanks.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My boyfriend took me here for dinner Friday night, neither of us had been before but the reviews looked good. To start i had the smoked cheddar and spring onion soufflé which might be the best thing I’ve ever had, i would come back purely for this! My Boyfriends started with the duck again this was perfect! We both had steak for our main, i didn’t go with the fillet due to the price but that was expected, however the sirloin was lovely no fat, it was soft and melted in your month.

The place its self was ok, i think a new building would help or just a different layout, it was very clean ect but it felt like you was sitting in someone’s home rather than out for dinner, (this could be a plus for some people) Also it was very very quiet, to quiet! some piano music or some kind of soft music would be nice.

So i think the place its self could be improved maybe, this is not a must but would help. However due to the food I’m sure we will be back again, i cant decrive how amazing my starter was!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
kingpotter, Owner at Purple Goose, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks for your review - we are pleased you really enjoyed the food. The building is very old and unfortunately we have to work with what we have but I am surprised at your comment about the music as we play every specially mixed playlists during every service - it is possible we forgot when you came and I am sorry about that. We hope to see you again soon.
Leighton Buzzard, England, United Kingdom
“Flawless food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Took my mrs out for a surprise birthday meal & pre-ordered a bottle of champagne with very short notice which they still catered for great by suggesting a list of bottles via email, response time to email was brilliant also. Service was great, food was perfect & being a chef myself I don't often say that. The chef came out & spoke to every table which was a nice touch & hopefully I'll be going there again if I ever get some more free time! Cheers guys!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kingpotter, Manager at Purple Goose, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Hi there are many thanks for your detailed and positive review! Because we have the flexibility of a small family run restaurant we can deal with even last minute requests and always try to answer emails even when the restaurant is closed. As a chef yourself to hear the words "flawless food" is really pleasing and we hope to see you again. Many thanks.
Oxford
“Anniversary and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I chose this restaraunt from reviews on here, I wanted to take my wife somewhere nice with good food.

I was not dissapointed, after looking at the negative reviews first I decided that some people probably expect too much for nothing.

My experience was very pleasant the restaraunt was nice and relaxed,not too noisy so that we could talk, the staff were welcoming and helpful.

The food was for me amongst the best I have tried, and the 12oz fillet was cooked to perfection. However it was the little things that made this a fantastic evening, the little complementary palate cleanser between starter and main course was nice, and the attention to detail in the way that food was presented. The Head Chef coming out to the table to talk to us at the end of our meal was good so that we could pass on our thanks personally was something that I liked.

The finishing touch for us was that they brought out a small cake with a candle in it, on a plate with happy anniversary piped on in chocolate.

All in all a fantastic first experience of the Purple Goose has left me wanting to go back and eventually try the whole menu as every dish that came out of the kitchen had me wondering how good it tasted. Pricewise it is not particularly cheap but you do not mind the pricing as the food is of such a high quality and so it is therefore good value.

I would and in fact will most definately be recommending this restaraunt to friends and family,

kingpotter, Owner at Purple Goose, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post such a positive and detailed reply. WE try hard with the little touches: last night our complimentary palate refresher was home made blueberry, vodka and star anise and our petits fours were home made sticky toffee delights and specially imported authentic Turkish Delight. We are pleased your fillet was spot on - we offer char-grilled steaks, pork chops and king prawns. As to trying everything on the menu? Well, we change the a la carte every 6-8 weeks (it is due to change again in the next week or so) so you have every excuse to keep coming back. Thanks again.