four of us went and stayed on 5/5/13 as we are trying courses for our society weekend away for 2014 .
I must say that this place ticked all the boxes , the staff were very friendly and had a sense of humour which makes you more relaxed and comfortable , the food was perfect , the service was second to none , we met a large group of golfers in the bar at night and had a good laugh , everyone at the hotel was talkative which created a great atmosphere in the bar .
The golf course was in excellent condition and was a fair challenge ( my handicap is 8) , its a great course for matchplay due to the ditches and bunkers strategically placed .
if there was anything that i would moan about it would be the little stones in the bunkers if it wasnt for that this course would get 10 / 10 .
Thankyou to all the staff and we shall see you next year as we shall be bringing our golf society here in july 2014 ..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort hotel set in countryside, 6 miles from Cambridge train station and on the A14 near M11 in the village of Bar Hill. All 136 rooms will have been refurbished by early 2013 and new photos of the rooms can be found on our homepage.Heath club with spa and 18 hole championship golf course on site, great restaurant and bar with many outdoor areas to sit and enjoy the weather and scenery.For meeting and events we have a range of facilities including banqueting for up to 200 people and purpose built conference centre with state of the art AV and cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Menzies Cambridge Hotel & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Cambridge Hotel And Golf Club
- Menzies Hotel Cambridge
- Menzies Cambridge Hotel & Golf Club Bar Hill, England, UK