Just come back from a two-day break at the Menzies Cambridge Hotel. We had the dinner 1st night B & B package for £174.00 but ate second night out of choice. Check-in was quick, we only booked two hours before we arrived and the reception staff were very friendly. The room was clean and the decor good, the bed was a very comfortable king size with a good size TV for the room. The hotel at night was quiet and couldn't hear the other guests.
We dined on the first night at 7pm and were very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the restaurant staff and particularly the lady manager or maitre d' as she genuinely wanted people to enjoy the restaurant and food with a smile. There was no waiting to be seated and service was not slow as some have mentioned. The food was served hot, it had not been put under heat lamps and left waiting as in some places and the portions were a good size, we were full after three courses. We ate on two nights and the food and service was the same standard. In fact all the staff of the hotel we met were friendly, professional and happy - they were a good team. The breakfast was also very good, it was buffet style with a good choice of food and definitely set you up for the day.
The hotel is situated on the ourskirts of Cambridge, there are bus stops right outside the hotel but driving does not take long and on a Sunday we could park all day in Cambridge parking zones for free but be prepared for a long pleasant walk into the city centre. During the week you can park free after 5pm in the zones.
Really good hotel, great city, full of history, would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort hotel set in countryside, 6 miles from Cambridge train station and on the A14 near M11 in the village of Bar Hill. All 136 rooms will have been refurbished by early 2013 and new photos of the rooms can be found on our homepage.Heath club with spa and 18 hole championship golf course on site, great restaurant and bar with many outdoor areas to sit and enjoy the weather and scenery.For meeting and events we have a range of facilities including banqueting for up to 200 people and purpose built conference centre with state of the art AV and cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Menzies Cambridge Hotel & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Cambridge Hotel And Golf Club
- Menzies Hotel Cambridge
- Menzies Cambridge Hotel & Golf Club Bar Hill, England, UK