“Unique tropical bliss!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delfin Beachfront Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Delfin Beachfront Resort to your Saves list
Delfin Beachfront Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Esterillos Este, Playa Bejuco, Playa Bejuco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Playa Bejuco
New York
“Unique tropical bliss!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you want proximity to the cool Manuel Antonio scene, this is not the place. However, if you long for the tropic charm of a sleepy Colonial-style villa on a quiet dirt road, nestled among rows of swaying palms by a nearly-deserted beach, Delfin Beach Front Resort is for you. Rough around the edges (bathroom water was off for part of our visit), the thin (as in short) staff is very helpful and accommodating. The blue mosaic pool and pool-temp whirlpool are delightfully warm and inviting. Iguanas and exotic birds share the lush grounds and tiny hermit crabs inhabit the peaceful beachfront. Facilities are clean, spacious beds comfortable, but the bathrooms could use improvement (some areas of rust and lacking electrical outlets). The lobby atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. Delfin's comfort and overall charm made up for the need to drive almost an hour to see Manuel Antonio park. Wish I could have stayed a month!

Room Tip: Every room faces the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is clean and well maintained with great views of the sea to boot. The folks at the reception are super helpful with booking tours etc. Jasmine, the lady at the front desk, knows it all - tours, taxis, the tide, restaurants! If any, this palace is about 30 kms away from Jaco and Quepos so the beach has a far less crowd.

We also got excellent surfing lessons from Brandon, a professional surfer from South Caroline who calls the hotel his home. We got about an hour of surfing for $50 - quite the steal.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
San Isidro de El General, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

This is a fantastic place on a great beach. The hotel is impeccably clean and well maintained. The rooms are lovely with a marvelous view of the beach from private balconies. Nice beds, linens, towels and very clean bathrooms. The dining room is simply beautiful with an incredible cathedral ceiling like no other. The construction design of the hotel was well planned.. The rooms are soundproof except for the peaceful sound of the waves. No disco, no loud music, nearby..
The beach is 50 meters away with few people. The staff are very friendly and exceptionally accommodating, especially Jasmine the manager.
I will recommend this as my personal #1 choice and favourite..

Room Tip: All rooms are facing the ocean with a balcony. Some rooms have 2 beds, others just one. Some have a...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

We found this hotel while exploring the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. Harold the new manager explained that his instructions to the staff are "if a guest wants it and you know it is the right thing to do.....do it ! We found the A/C room clean and comfortable. The staff enjoyed our mascoda Yorkie and were friendly and gracious. Our off season rate included a nice breakfast, free internet and lots of personal help and attention from the manager and staff. Dinner prices were fair and the food was excellent. It is across the road from a long sandy beach. When the surf is up it is pretty strong as the beach is a direct hit from the Pacific ocean. They have a nice clean pool and enough staff that we felt safe. Highly recommend and hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did !

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a balcony with a beach view.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Herald A, EX MANAGER at Delfin Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
Hello dear
Thank you for you kind words to the Vision and Mission that I try to bring to the Hotel Delfin Beachfront Resort.
Unfortunately I do not work in the hotel anymore.
Like you say the importance to help and assist the guest is and will be always my goal.
I wish good look to the hotel.
In the short time I had the opportunity to improve the way that the hotel have to take care all the guest and visitors, the facilities, the grounds, Facebook, restaurant etc.
I would like to thank all the guest that stayed with us in the time that was the manager and thank you for you kind words of encouragement
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I cannot thank the Delfin hotel enough for making my badly needed vacation in paradise such a wonderful experience. Having just got off the plane from New York with a forced layover on rout I was not only totally stressed but fit to be tied by the bad way the airlines handled things. So, arriving at the hotel anything would have set me off. However, arriving at the Delfin Hotel in the spacious lobby with the stunning view of palms and the beautiful blue Pacific only steps away all was forgotten. With the ocean just outside, I was in my trunks and on the sand within five minutes. The airline trauma was history and I was living in the present. Thank you, thank you, thank you Hotel Delfin this was better than any fancy three hundred dollar spa visit could ever be. I finished off my swim and made it to the outdoor bar to experience a tropical drink. The bar tender had a huge smile which was quite infectious and suggested her specialty, a frosty banana drink that caught everyone’s eye and then everyone was ordering them. Actually, I managed to get the recipe and now making them at home here in stress headquarters NEW YORK CITY. So, sipping my frosty drink with my eyes closed I’m back at the Delfin. I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in the best of the best from Geneva to Bangkok. The Delfin hotel might not be a five star hotel but that is part of the charm of the place. I actually don’t care too much about hotels going off the charts with stars because they then become too sterile with nothing but artificial smiles after your money. The staff at the Delfin are genuine happy local Ticos (what Costa Ricans call themselves) that smile simply because they are happy and that makes you happy to be around them. The restaurant isn’t serving costly over done cuisine but simple tasty food that I enjoy eating and can go to bed at night without heartburn. All in all the hotel is a wonderful place to shed months of stress. Oh, one other thing, the hotel is just enough away from all the vacationers that you’ll feel totally removed from tourist central yet only twenty to sixty minutes away from all that Costa Rica is famous for from zip lining to bar hopping. Another thing, I just managed to sit next to one of the owners at the bar and he said they just completed a massive renovation, redecorating job and got rid of the old management with new and now operating like a fine tuned engine. Well, all I can say whatever they are doing keep doing it because it works. The place has location, location, location and the staff could not be nicer. I can say being a picky New Yorker the place passed the test and I love it and already planning my next trip back to paradise. I must say though I did notice only but a few negative things said about the staff with the old hotel but the owner, that I met assured me that with the new management it’s all been taken care of. Well, all I can say is it passed my test and you know what they say about New Yorkers, they can be difficult but when they like something they rave about it. So, it’s got to be good. It passed my test.

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same as they all are a good size, have ocean views and only steps to...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Lakeport, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I wanted to get a Bloody Mary I come to visit often one day 2500 colones next day 7000 colones I can't believe it they must be on something the manager lady named Sandra has been rude un friendly and no help at all I recommend that if your a American stay away it sucks never have me and my family been treated so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the ocean
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Herald A, Gerente at Delfin Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Hello dear Kameron M
Thank very much for take the time to comment in our trip Advisor page.
We like to offer you a sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have in the bar of our Hotel
Like you was able to witness in your resent visit to our hotel and I had the pleasure to talked to you and you lovely wife we have a new management in place and also a new vision and mission regarding our service and our way to handle and approach any request or complain of our guest or visitors like yourself to our restaurant and bar.
Since the change of management we are trying hard to offer our guest and our neighbors of playa Bejuco like yourself the consideration and professionalism that you and everyone who come to our hotel deserves
Thank one again to take the time to let us know the importance to be vigilant in every area of our work
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We attended a wedding that was at this hotel so we stayed here for a could of days. First impression was how amazingly close it was so its private beach. The hotel is open aired so it does get hot, but the pool is a great place to cool off! The bar is great! You can sit inside or out, and Freddy the bartender was so amazing! We actually left calling him our friend. Joelle, the chef, also super nice and has great food! The two of them really made our stay here a lot more fun! The room do the job. I hear each room is a bit different in what is has, meaning size of tv and fridge or not, but ours had a small flat screen that did the trick, and because you have your own private beach you don't watch too much tv anyway. The bed and pillows were not very comfortable, but if you sit at the bar long enough it won't matter :). Overall this was a great hotel with an unbeatable view ( which very room has)!

Room Tip: If you want a fridge in your room be sure to ask.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Delfin Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!