“What a great time !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delfin Beachfront Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Bejuco
Delfin Beachfront Resort
Save Saved
You added Delfin Beachfront Resort to your Saves list
Playa Bejuco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Playa Bejuco
New York City, New York
“What a great time !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I cannot thank the Delfin hotel enough for making my badly needed vacation in paradise such a wonderful experience. Having just got off the plane from New York with a forced layover on rout I was not only totally stressed but fit to be tied by the bad way the airlines handled things. So, arriving at the hotel anything would have set me off. However, arriving at the Delfin Hotel in the spacious lobby with the stunning view of palms and the beautiful blue Pacific only steps away all was forgotten. With the ocean just outside, I was in my trunks and on the sand within five minutes. The airline trauma was history and I was living in the present. Thank you, thank you, thank you Hotel Delfin this was better than any fancy three hundred dollar spa visit could ever be. I finished off my swim and made it to the outdoor bar to experience a tropical drink. The bar tender had a huge smile which was quite infectious and suggested her specialty, a frosty banana drink that caught everyone’s eye and then everyone was ordering them. Actually, I managed to get the recipe and now making them at home here in stress headquarters NEW YORK CITY. So, sipping my frosty drink with my eyes closed I’m back at the Delfin. I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in the best of the best from Geneva to Bangkok. The Delfin hotel might not be a five star hotel but that is part of the charm of the place. I actually don’t care too much about hotels going off the charts with stars because they then become too sterile with nothing but artificial smiles after your money. The staff at the Delfin are genuine happy local Ticos (what Costa Ricans call themselves) that smile simply because they are happy and that makes you happy to be around them. The restaurant isn’t serving costly over done cuisine but simple tasty food that I enjoy eating and can go to bed at night without heartburn. All in all the hotel is a wonderful place to shed months of stress. Oh, one other thing, the hotel is just enough away from all the vacationers that you’ll feel totally removed from tourist central yet only twenty to sixty minutes away from all that Costa Rica is famous for from zip lining to bar hopping. Another thing, I just managed to sit next to one of the owners at the bar and he said they just completed a massive renovation, redecorating job and got rid of the old management with new and now operating like a fine tuned engine. Well, all I can say whatever they are doing keep doing it because it works. The place has location, location, location and the staff could not be nicer. I can say being a picky New Yorker the place passed the test and I love it and already planning my next trip back to paradise. I must say though I did notice only but a few negative things said about the staff with the old hotel but the owner, that I met assured me that with the new management it’s all been taken care of. Well, all I can say is it passed my test and you know what they say about New Yorkers, they can be difficult but when they like something they rave about it. So, it’s got to be good. It passed my test.

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same as they all are a good size, have ocean views and only steps to...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lakeport, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I wanted to get a Bloody Mary I come to visit often one day 2500 colones next day 7000 colones I can't believe it they must be on something the manager lady named Sandra has been rude un friendly and no help at all I recommend that if your a American stay away it sucks never have me and my family been treated so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the ocean
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We attended a wedding that was at this hotel so we stayed here for a could of days. First impression was how amazingly close it was so its private beach. The hotel is open aired so it does get hot, but the pool is a great place to cool off! The bar is great! You can sit inside or out, and Freddy the bartender was so amazing! We actually left calling him our friend. Joelle, the chef, also super nice and has great food! The two of them really made our stay here a lot more fun! The room do the job. I hear each room is a bit different in what is has, meaning size of tv and fridge or not, but ours had a small flat screen that did the trick, and because you have your own private beach you don't watch too much tv anyway. The bed and pillows were not very comfortable, but if you sit at the bar long enough it won't matter :). Overall this was a great hotel with an unbeatable view ( which very room has)!

Room Tip: If you want a fridge in your room be sure to ask.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerasdorf bei Wien, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This could be a real nice place to stay. Its location in the middle of nowhere may be positive for the one and negative for the other, but we found the place while travelling by motorbikes, so the location was ok for us. Main building with a fairly impressive stairway to the upper level, so we accepted the USD 100,- for single occupancy per night (off-season) - just to realize that there is no water at the room. "Yes, they do some maintenance at the water supply, that happens _from time to time_ but in 2 or 3 hours latest, there will be water again."

Later that afternoon - that guy who cashed in our 100 bucks wasn't seen any more - no water until now - the girl at the restaurant bar said "they do this to us ALL THE TIME", and could not take our order for fries to come with our meal, 'cause there was no electricity, either.

To make a full day's story short: we did not have a single drop of water from check-in until check-out. Do I need to explain the consequences in detail? I doubt. Just as one less disgusting detail: The maid wiping the restaurant's floor had to fetch the water from the pool outside...

At check-out, we got back 20 bucks, because 'no water', but that left us with USD 80,- for a night with no sanitary / bathroom / at all. Can't recommend that place - it is nothing more that facade.

Room Tip: all rooms have the same layout. Bring your looong cable for your laptop - the wall power outlet is a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

3 of us stayed a week at the Delfin. Staff was always courteous and helpful. Our rooms were clean and well-maintained. Food was excellent, ocean breeze and views were amazing. Wish I was still there, already looking forward to another trip!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have a GREAT view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing time and would highly recommend this gorgeous beachfront resort. The amazing food, friendly staff, excellent service, and clean accommodations were all top notch. We highly suggest doing some of the local excursions while on your stay. The hotel scheduled several excursions for us including zip lines, monkey tour, and a tour of the beautiful Manuel Antonio National Park (at a discounted rate). We were able to rent a car from the airport, which we would highly suggest, and go on little daily excursions to other towns like Parrita, the beautiful Los Suennos Marina and Jaco just to name a few. The local fare is delicious and the fruit stands have the freshest, most juicy fruit we've ever had! We even enjoyed some night life in Jaco. We enjoyed a local festival there with vendor booths, fresh food and live music. The beach at Hotel Delfin is very secluded and private and the sunsets are beyond description, leaving everyone speechless every night! We couldn't believe the view from our room! So nice to open the windows and let the breeze come in and hear the relaxing sound of the ocean! Very nice to sleep to and wake up to. We felt very safe there and weren't worried about taking off on our own and being adventurous. They have the coolest iguanas, geckos and monkeys that hang around the pool...very fun to watch! The grounds there are gorgeous...the lawn guy even picked a coconut for us and let us drink the water. It was so fresh and delicious! The hotel looks perfect for a relaxing get-away, family reunion, wedding, reception, honeymoon...you name it! They had a wedding there the week before. We saw the pictures and it was soooo beautiful! Makes us want to get re-married! We met so many cool people staying there! Can't wait to make more new friends next time we go! Highly, highly recommend Hotel Delfin!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Atenas, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

So this is the picture from their website and this area is the lobby, bar, and restaurant all rolled into one. It is a very nice area. There seems to be a nice breeze that comes though here almost all the time. We stayed here from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning. We payed $124 a night as it was high season prices. Check their link to see full website and prices. We were there to attend a wedding of a friend which was very beautiful. I think anyone who would like to have a wonderful setting for their wedding this is a nice place to do that. So on to the review of the Resort itself. You need to read my full review on my blog before you visit. You can find it here:

Room Tip: Did not like room 12. Not sure of the rest.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Delfin Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!