“The staff is rude the food sucks and rooms are over priced” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Delfin Beachfront Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Bejuco
Delfin Beachfront Resort
Save Saved
You added Delfin Beachfront Resort to your Saves list
Playa Bejuco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Playa Bejuco
Lakeport, California
“The staff is rude the food sucks and rooms are over priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I wanted to get a Bloody Mary I come to visit often one day 2500 colones next day 7000 colones I can't believe it they must be on something the manager lady named Sandra has been rude un friendly and no help at all I recommend that if your a American stay away it sucks never have me and my family been treated so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the ocean
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We attended a wedding that was at this hotel so we stayed here for a could of days. First impression was how amazingly close it was so its private beach. The hotel is open aired so it does get hot, but the pool is a great place to cool off! The bar is great! You can sit inside or out, and Freddy the bartender was so amazing! We actually left calling him our friend. Joelle, the chef, also super nice and has great food! The two of them really made our stay here a lot more fun! The room do the job. I hear each room is a bit different in what is has, meaning size of tv and fridge or not, but ours had a small flat screen that did the trick, and because you have your own private beach you don't watch too much tv anyway. The bed and pillows were not very comfortable, but if you sit at the bar long enough it won't matter :). Overall this was a great hotel with an unbeatable view ( which very room has)!

Room Tip: If you want a fridge in your room be sure to ask.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerasdorf bei Wien, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This could be a real nice place to stay. Its location in the middle of nowhere may be positive for the one and negative for the other, but we found the place while travelling by motorbikes, so the location was ok for us. Main building with a fairly impressive stairway to the upper level, so we accepted the USD 100,- for single occupancy per night (off-season) - just to realize that there is no water at the room. "Yes, they do some maintenance at the water supply, that happens _from time to time_ but in 2 or 3 hours latest, there will be water again."

Later that afternoon - that guy who cashed in our 100 bucks wasn't seen any more - no water until now - the girl at the restaurant bar said "they do this to us ALL THE TIME", and could not take our order for fries to come with our meal, 'cause there was no electricity, either.

To make a full day's story short: we did not have a single drop of water from check-in until check-out. Do I need to explain the consequences in detail? I doubt. Just as one less disgusting detail: The maid wiping the restaurant's floor had to fetch the water from the pool outside...

At check-out, we got back 20 bucks, because 'no water', but that left us with USD 80,- for a night with no sanitary / bathroom / at all. Can't recommend that place - it is nothing more that facade.

Room Tip: all rooms have the same layout. Bring your looong cable for your laptop - the wall power outlet is a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

3 of us stayed a week at the Delfin. Staff was always courteous and helpful. Our rooms were clean and well-maintained. Food was excellent, ocean breeze and views were amazing. Wish I was still there, already looking forward to another trip!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have a GREAT view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing time and would highly recommend this gorgeous beachfront resort. The amazing food, friendly staff, excellent service, and clean accommodations were all top notch. We highly suggest doing some of the local excursions while on your stay. The hotel scheduled several excursions for us including zip lines, monkey tour, and a tour of the beautiful Manuel Antonio National Park (at a discounted rate). We were able to rent a car from the airport, which we would highly suggest, and go on little daily excursions to other towns like Parrita, the beautiful Los Suennos Marina and Jaco just to name a few. The local fare is delicious and the fruit stands have the freshest, most juicy fruit we've ever had! We even enjoyed some night life in Jaco. We enjoyed a local festival there with vendor booths, fresh food and live music. The beach at Hotel Delfin is very secluded and private and the sunsets are beyond description, leaving everyone speechless every night! We couldn't believe the view from our room! So nice to open the windows and let the breeze come in and hear the relaxing sound of the ocean! Very nice to sleep to and wake up to. We felt very safe there and weren't worried about taking off on our own and being adventurous. They have the coolest iguanas, geckos and monkeys that hang around the pool...very fun to watch! The grounds there are gorgeous...the lawn guy even picked a coconut for us and let us drink the water. It was so fresh and delicious! The hotel looks perfect for a relaxing get-away, family reunion, wedding, reception, honeymoon...you name it! They had a wedding there the week before. We saw the pictures and it was soooo beautiful! Makes us want to get re-married! We met so many cool people staying there! Can't wait to make more new friends next time we go! Highly, highly recommend Hotel Delfin!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Atenas, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

So this is the picture from their website and this area is the lobby, bar, and restaurant all rolled into one. It is a very nice area. There seems to be a nice breeze that comes though here almost all the time. We stayed here from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning. We payed $124 a night as it was high season prices. Check their link to see full website and prices. We were there to attend a wedding of a friend which was very beautiful. I think anyone who would like to have a wonderful setting for their wedding this is a nice place to do that. So on to the review of the Resort itself. You need to read my full review on my blog before you visit. You can find it here:

Room Tip: Did not like room 12. Not sure of the rest.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife & I visited the Delfin Beach Resort on the recommendation of an individual that had done some work for us in our home. He informed us that he had stayed there many times before, and loved it. When we first arrived, I wasn't certain how I felt. The interior lobby was not air conditioned. However, it was very open aired and the breezes coming off of the ocean helped keep the lobby relatively cool. The hotel has two stories, but no elevator. The stair case leading to the second floor looks like it came from the movie Gone With The Wind. It really is gorgeous, and the staff at the hotel is more than willing to assist guests with getting their luggage to their rooms.

Guests enter their rooms from the front side of the hotel, and each and every room of the hotel has a back door with a balcony that over looks the ocean. This is not a corporately owned, five star hotel. There are three owners who genuinely want to provide a very comfortable place for people to get away from the hustle and bustle of life, and find a quite, nice place to unwind, rest, and also enjoy themselves. This is that place.

The hotel has a small staff of workers that are there to meet each, and every need of the guests. The food is good; the rooms are clean; and my wife and I found that the bed was very comfortable. When my wife and I go on vacation, we don't plan to spend all of our time in a hotel room, so having the very best is not a priority for us. The Delfin Beach Resort is not opulent luxury, but it is a comfortable, affordable, nice place to stay. The Manager's name is Freddy, and he is just about as personable as a Manager can be. The sunsets are amazing from this hotel, and the beach is beautiful. Each night there is a company that arrives at the Resort from the beach side of the hotel with horses that can be ridden on the beach for tours of the area. After having stayed there for 3 consecutive nights, what I can honestly say about the Delfin Beach Resort is that if I do ever return to Costa Rica, I will stay there again. It is nice. By the way, they also have a pool that is well maintained, and clean. There is a hot tub above the pool that over flows into the pool. It is very attractive. Altogether, this is a real comfortable, and nice place to stay.

Room Tip: It really does not matter which room guests are booked into. Each and every room runs from the front...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Delfin Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!