“Great Time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delfin Beachfront Resort

You added Delfin Beachfront Resort to your Saves list
Delfin Beachfront Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Esterillos Este, Playa Bejuco, Playa Bejuco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Playa Bejuco
Gainesville, Georgia
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

3 of us stayed a week at the Delfin. Staff was always courteous and helpful. Our rooms were clean and well-maintained. Food was excellent, ocean breeze and views were amazing. Wish I was still there, already looking forward to another trip!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have a GREAT view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing time and would highly recommend this gorgeous beachfront resort. The amazing food, friendly staff, excellent service, and clean accommodations were all top notch. We highly suggest doing some of the local excursions while on your stay. The hotel scheduled several excursions for us including zip lines, monkey tour, and a tour of the beautiful Manuel Antonio National Park (at a discounted rate). We were able to rent a car from the airport, which we would highly suggest, and go on little daily excursions to other towns like Parrita, the beautiful Los Suennos Marina and Jaco just to name a few. The local fare is delicious and the fruit stands have the freshest, most juicy fruit we've ever had! We even enjoyed some night life in Jaco. We enjoyed a local festival there with vendor booths, fresh food and live music. The beach at Hotel Delfin is very secluded and private and the sunsets are beyond description, leaving everyone speechless every night! We couldn't believe the view from our room! So nice to open the windows and let the breeze come in and hear the relaxing sound of the ocean! Very nice to sleep to and wake up to. We felt very safe there and weren't worried about taking off on our own and being adventurous. They have the coolest iguanas, geckos and monkeys that hang around the pool...very fun to watch! The grounds there are gorgeous...the lawn guy even picked a coconut for us and let us drink the water. It was so fresh and delicious! The hotel looks perfect for a relaxing get-away, family reunion, wedding, reception, honeymoon...you name it! They had a wedding there the week before. We saw the pictures and it was soooo beautiful! Makes us want to get re-married! We met so many cool people staying there! Can't wait to make more new friends next time we go! Highly, highly recommend Hotel Delfin!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Atenas, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

So this is the picture from their website and this area is the lobby, bar, and restaurant all rolled into one. It is a very nice area. There seems to be a nice breeze that comes though here almost all the time. We stayed here from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning. We payed $124 a night as it was high season prices. Check their link to see full website and prices. We were there to attend a wedding of a friend which was very beautiful. I think anyone who would like to have a wonderful setting for their wedding this is a nice place to do that. So on to the review of the Resort itself. You need to read my full review on my blog before you visit. You can find it here:

Room Tip: Did not like room 12. Not sure of the rest.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife & I visited the Delfin Beach Resort on the recommendation of an individual that had done some work for us in our home. He informed us that he had stayed there many times before, and loved it. When we first arrived, I wasn't certain how I felt. The interior lobby was not air conditioned. However, it was very open aired and the breezes coming off of the ocean helped keep the lobby relatively cool. The hotel has two stories, but no elevator. The stair case leading to the second floor looks like it came from the movie Gone With The Wind. It really is gorgeous, and the staff at the hotel is more than willing to assist guests with getting their luggage to their rooms.

Guests enter their rooms from the front side of the hotel, and each and every room of the hotel has a back door with a balcony that over looks the ocean. This is not a corporately owned, five star hotel. There are three owners who genuinely want to provide a very comfortable place for people to get away from the hustle and bustle of life, and find a quite, nice place to unwind, rest, and also enjoy themselves. This is that place.

The hotel has a small staff of workers that are there to meet each, and every need of the guests. The food is good; the rooms are clean; and my wife and I found that the bed was very comfortable. When my wife and I go on vacation, we don't plan to spend all of our time in a hotel room, so having the very best is not a priority for us. The Delfin Beach Resort is not opulent luxury, but it is a comfortable, affordable, nice place to stay. The Manager's name is Freddy, and he is just about as personable as a Manager can be. The sunsets are amazing from this hotel, and the beach is beautiful. Each night there is a company that arrives at the Resort from the beach side of the hotel with horses that can be ridden on the beach for tours of the area. After having stayed there for 3 consecutive nights, what I can honestly say about the Delfin Beach Resort is that if I do ever return to Costa Rica, I will stay there again. It is nice. By the way, they also have a pool that is well maintained, and clean. There is a hot tub above the pool that over flows into the pool. It is very attractive. Altogether, this is a real comfortable, and nice place to stay.

Room Tip: It really does not matter which room guests are booked into. Each and every room runs from the front...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin! If you are looking for seclusion and privacy in the beach, this place is it! I have been several times and have enjoyed every vacation I have had at the Delfin. When people ask why I go so often I tell them that it is like my second home. The staff and service are always amazing. They are currently under new management and making some great changes. Wether out by the beach, sitting at the bar with amazing views or just laying by the pool, I am always at peace. The kitchen provides excellent meals for lunch dinner and breakfast! The bartender makes some top notch drinks as well. All of the rooms are beach front and provide excellent views of the pacific! Sandra and Freddie run the hotel and bar and always provide anything and everything I could ask for. I have been to several places in Costa Rica and as far as privacy and proximity to the beach you couldn't ask for a better place to stay. A true beauty in Costa Rica!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and i had a very bad experience in this hotel. The first day we checked our room and we detected several problems: the tap of the shower did not work, the drainpipe was stucked as well, so after 1-2 minutes of taking a shower I was standing inch-deep in the water. In addition to this, there was a really bad and continuous smell coming out of the bathroom. Besides the remote control for the TV did not work and the lamp on the bedside table eiter. Truly not an ideal situation, however not really a problem - so far. We adviced the hotel personnel and the next day almost all the problems were solved, excluding the drainpipe and the smell. We asked for swapping the room but we were told that the hotel was full. We reserved for 4 days but facing the situation of no possibility of swapping and the lasting smell and stucked drainpipe, we decided after the second day to communicate the manager (Sandra) that we wanted to leave. We explained again what has been happening and detailed our concerns. To our surprise, the manager was really impolite with us, she never asked if our concerns were solved, never showed interest in our well-being and if the room was in good conditions or not. Instead she said that she would have no time(!) for us to check if the room was ok and as the hotel she is running is a BUSINESS she can not make any refunds. She was so impolite and really rude. We were surprised about her behaviour as we did not show any agression to her, but she reponded in a very agressive and hostile way. When I showed my disgree towards her way to treat us and towards the fact that she reclaims me to pay for the pending(!) nights in a room that is in no way enabled to host visitors because of very bad smell and stucked drains, she wanted to call the police!! I do not know what is inside of the manager's head in this situation?!?! I do not know either how the owners of the hotel could have put this kind of person in such an exposed and client facing position, this is not leading to a sustainable business... We had made some very good experience with the costaricans, the the manager Sandra was far the worst experience of Costaricans we made in 3 weeks!! Finally I paid a pending night in order to avoid loosing time and nervs during my holidays (bad decision?), and we went to another place. In this way we lost like 125 USD, but I would not have stayed one more night in this circumstances. The fun thing: when we checked out, the manager finally went to check our room (she should have done it when we complained so that she could make sure that our concerns were solved), but this time she did it probably in order to check if we broke or steal something!!
There were more people working in the hotel. Everybody treated us really good. Food was good as well. But finally what stays in one's head is the bad experience with Sandra, so this evaluation is POOR.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Herald A, Gerente at Delfin Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2014
Hello dear Dominick
Thank you very much for take the time to writing a review in Tripadvisor.

We would like to let you know that we have a new management in our hotel with a new vision and mission regarding our service and our way to handle and approach any request or complain of our guest or visitors.

Your complain was handle very poorly for our staff and management in that period of time that you give us the honor of your visit and one again receive our sincere apologies.

We are very careful reading all the tripadvisor review to make sure that we do not make a mistake with any of the guest and visitors that trust us to enjoy the vacations with us.
Your opinion has been taken with the most highs consideration is a great reminder to work hard every day and think always in our guest.

Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well this is my sixth year that I have stayed at the Delfin and have seen many improvements over the years. I must say meeting Vern and Floyd who are Edd's partners at the Hotel Delfin was a added pleasure. The Kitchen staff of Karla and Joel have brought a new menu and energy to the Dining room. Minor behind the bar making his version of Mudslide is something I look forward to on each visit. Sandra is as helpful as ever and the long time cleaning staff are as honest as you will find. If you are looking for a chill place right on beach this is it. Manuel Antonio is a half hour away driving but a world away from hawkers and commercial tourism. Great zip line just south of Hotel that goes from mountain to mountain. And Jaco 20KM north when you need a nightlife fix. See you again in March !

Room Tip: Upper floors for a nice breeze. Sunsets are always highlight of day.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Delfin Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!