“A true beauty in Costa Rica!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delfin Beachfront Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Bejuco
Delfin Beachfront Resort
Save Saved
You added Delfin Beachfront Resort to your Saves list
Playa Bejuco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Playa Bejuco
Gainesville, Georgia
“A true beauty in Costa Rica!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin! If you are looking for seclusion and privacy in the beach, this place is it! I have been several times and have enjoyed every vacation I have had at the Delfin. When people ask why I go so often I tell them that it is like my second home. The staff and service are always amazing. They are currently under new management and making some great changes. Wether out by the beach, sitting at the bar with amazing views or just laying by the pool, I am always at peace. The kitchen provides excellent meals for lunch dinner and breakfast! The bartender makes some top notch drinks as well. All of the rooms are beach front and provide excellent views of the pacific! Sandra and Freddie run the hotel and bar and always provide anything and everything I could ask for. I have been to several places in Costa Rica and as far as privacy and proximity to the beach you couldn't ask for a better place to stay. A true beauty in Costa Rica!!!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and i had a very bad experience in this hotel. The first day we checked our room and we detected several problems: the tap of the shower did not work, the drainpipe was stucked as well, so after 1-2 minutes of taking a shower I was standing inch-deep in the water. In addition to this, there was a really bad and continuous smell coming out of the bathroom. Besides the remote control for the TV did not work and the lamp on the bedside table eiter. Truly not an ideal situation, however not really a problem - so far. We adviced the hotel personnel and the next day almost all the problems were solved, excluding the drainpipe and the smell. We asked for swapping the room but we were told that the hotel was full. We reserved for 4 days but facing the situation of no possibility of swapping and the lasting smell and stucked drainpipe, we decided after the second day to communicate the manager (Sandra) that we wanted to leave. We explained again what has been happening and detailed our concerns. To our surprise, the manager was really impolite with us, she never asked if our concerns were solved, never showed interest in our well-being and if the room was in good conditions or not. Instead she said that she would have no time(!) for us to check if the room was ok and as the hotel she is running is a BUSINESS she can not make any refunds. She was so impolite and really rude. We were surprised about her behaviour as we did not show any agression to her, but she reponded in a very agressive and hostile way. When I showed my disgree towards her way to treat us and towards the fact that she reclaims me to pay for the pending(!) nights in a room that is in no way enabled to host visitors because of very bad smell and stucked drains, she wanted to call the police!! I do not know what is inside of the manager's head in this situation?!?! I do not know either how the owners of the hotel could have put this kind of person in such an exposed and client facing position, this is not leading to a sustainable business... We had made some very good experience with the costaricans, the the manager Sandra was far the worst experience of Costaricans we made in 3 weeks!! Finally I paid a pending night in order to avoid loosing time and nervs during my holidays (bad decision?), and we went to another place. In this way we lost like 125 USD, but I would not have stayed one more night in this circumstances. The fun thing: when we checked out, the manager finally went to check our room (she should have done it when we complained so that she could make sure that our concerns were solved), but this time she did it probably in order to check if we broke or steal something!!
There were more people working in the hotel. Everybody treated us really good. Food was good as well. But finally what stays in one's head is the bad experience with Sandra, so this evaluation is POOR.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well this is my sixth year that I have stayed at the Delfin and have seen many improvements over the years. I must say meeting Vern and Floyd who are Edd's partners at the Hotel Delfin was a added pleasure. The Kitchen staff of Karla and Joel have brought a new menu and energy to the Dining room. Minor behind the bar making his version of Mudslide is something I look forward to on each visit. Sandra is as helpful as ever and the long time cleaning staff are as honest as you will find. If you are looking for a chill place right on beach this is it. Manuel Antonio is a half hour away driving but a world away from hawkers and commercial tourism. Great zip line just south of Hotel that goes from mountain to mountain. And Jaco 20KM north when you need a nightlife fix. See you again in March !

Room Tip: Upper floors for a nice breeze. Sunsets are always highlight of day.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Heredia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I feel the need to write this comment, due to the great experience we received in Hotel Delfin in playa Bejuco. It's unique location has been the reason I have continuously brought friends and family here for the last five years. I cannot express in words the overwhelming feeling of hospitality. Having the opportunity of meeting Bernie & Floyd made our experience better than ever. It is truly a hidden gem.

Room Tip: Every room has a beachfront view from the balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked all the hotel for two nights and it was amazing. All my guests were thrilled with the location, the hotel itself and the attention. Everything was incredible, and all the staff really went for the extra mile in helping us with all the preparations. Thanks a lot!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly Staff, Minor runs the Bar, Anthony is the cook makes the Best Pizza in Costa Rica, make very good Fresh Fish Dishes, my wife has a problem with Gluten, Anthony went out of his way to get her food she could eat that's why I gave this Restaurant an Excellent Review. The Hotel is on the beach, Excellent Surf Break, walking on the beach in both directions is possible, there are warnings about swimming in the ocean, the pool is a better option if you want to swim. The sunsets are a must see. All the rooms face the ocean. Just a beautiful & quiet place to relax.

Room Tip: There are 8 room on the top floor the Best room far left, it is quieter, as only in day time is ther...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Delfin is the place to be! The staff is warm and welcoming it feels like coming home. I can't wait to go back and see everyone. The beach can't be beat with amazing sunrises and sunsets and you can walk for days. The food won't disappoint - Anthony has mad skiils. Spend some time sitting at the bar looking at the ocean while the regulars come in. It feels like my local Irish bar in NYC with a better view and amazing vibe. The experience cant be beat - everyone goes out of there way to make everything is perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Delfin Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!