“Perfect Costa Rica beachfront getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delfin Beachfront Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Bejuco
Delfin Beachfront Resort
Playa Bejuco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Playa Bejuco
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
“Perfect Costa Rica beachfront getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

i just got back from a trip to Costa Rica, i stayed in every town from Jaco to Panama on the Pacifico. the nicest place that I stayed was the Delfin. The hotel itself was well maintained and the spiral staircase leading to the second floor was breath taking. I could see this place being used for weddings and special occasions. It is one of the more private resorts I stayed at so it was perfect for a couple that really wants to get away. It is very close to Jaco if you want to go into town for the night life. The staff was great about helping arrange transportation to canopy tours and other attractions. The waves are perfect for surfing and I had them all to myself. Just past the break the water was clear enough to see some of the pacifics' larger fish like Manta rays and large Jacks. i went down about another hour down and they had whale and Dolphin watching trips available. In short the Delfin is a hidden treasure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Out of 4 weeks I've spent in CR three of them were at the Delfin. The Delfin is a great place to see the west coast of CR from or just hang out at the Delfin and relax. The bar tender makes cocktails the oldfashioned way and CR beers are great. I have experienced two chefs at their kitchen and they were both excellent. What are you waiting for, get to CR and stay at the Delfin.

Room Tip: All rooms are beach side, open the window and let the waves that are only 30 yards away put you to s...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Duncan BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We happened to stumble upon this "grand" hotel which was refurbished approx 9 years ago. It's 30+ yrs old. Beautiful setting right across from the beach road is the beach and sound of the surf all day and night. All rooms have balconys with ocean view. The surf is fairly large but safe enough to play in. The loan of boogie boards was great. The pool and jacuzzi were large enough to almost swim laps - absolutely beautiful
The "grand" staircase belongs in "Gone with the Wind". We felt inappropriately dressed climbing it.
Service was friendly and fun. We had 3 amazing meals by an American chef, at very reasonable prices. We would definitely return. Thanks to Ed and staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Iisdro de General
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We retired to the Mountains of Costa Rica 4 years ago. We go to the beach a couple times a month, and have seen most of the beaches of the country. We stumbled across the delfin last weekend. We checked in for 1 night and stayed 3. The place is as close to perfect as you can get in this country. I thought it was a new hotel, turned out to be 35 years old, and the American owners had done a total renovation to the place. The grounds, pool, and hotel were spotless. The most beautiful bar and best cocktails I have found anywhere in the country. Ed the owner drew us maps and sent us on local excursions, and knows more about the country than anyone I have met here. He even sent us home a new way that we didn't know about. The food was awesome as he has an American and local chef. The beach itself was soft sand, and the cleanest we have found. We were told the currents were strong, and the hotel loaned us boogie boards. The staff was super friendly, everyone that worked there seemed happy. This is our new favorite place, and is where we will take all our friends and family that visit us here. For Costa Rica, this place is as good as it gets!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are directly on the beach
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We had three rooms on a family vacation, two sets of grandparents and two couples with kids 3,5 and 10 yrs old.
The rooms were adequate, although the bathroom was very cramped.
Dinners were excellent- thanks to Tony. We all wanted fish the second night, and Tony made an early morning trip for us to the local suppliers to cook up an excellent Pargo (snapper) dinner with a choice of excellent sauces. An upbeat chef that was in his element in the kitchen, the food was great.
The pool was very nice, much fun for the kiddos, and large enough to swim short laps in.
A huge beach great for sea shell hunting, and the rooms all look over the ocean for amazing sunsets. The ocean is not safe for swimming due to rip currents, but this is fairly common all along the Pacific Coast.
We were the only ones there, and the staff were not especially helpful or pleasant- had to ask to have pool lights turned on even though the bartender/helper (Miner) was right there. But I think they just are not service oriented and did not appear rude, just not used to looking out for the guests. Miner excelled at making fresh fruit based drinks.
The owner was there for one night and a morning- helped with the bags and greeted us on arrival, and had some good tips on getting through the tourist trap on Manuel Antonio National Park, which we felt to be overrated and was the low point of our three week trip in Costa Rica.

Loved the interior, the grand staircase and lofty ceiling had a nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room for the views of the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Los Suenos, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I recently stayed one night here with my Costa Rican girlfriend. We ordered two bowls of seafood soup. MISTAKE. It was what my girlfriend called sopa de agua, (water soup). We complained and only had to pay for one bowl of this so-called "soup". We were going to stay another night until we were told that their restaurant was closed and we were told to "find someplace else to eat". We checked out. Later, the Delfin Beachfront Resort tried to steal $75.00 from Bank of America on a blank voucher I had signed. Bank of America is well aware that I never pay for hotels with my VISA card and so relieved them of my money. Also there were fleas infesting the room. Never again....
Jim Agnos

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I recently stayed at the Delfin and found a new group of friends there and a home away from home. The location is immaculate, the staff is friendly and accommodating, the pristine sandy beach is laced with beautiful seashells. My room overlooked the south facing beach, which allowed my wife and I to see the exotic sunrise and sunset. The Costa Rican style cuisine is wonderful. The hotel grounds are well kept and full of life. All in all I give the Delfin an A+.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Delfin Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!