“One of the best restos in the area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bay's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baler
Bay's Inn
You added Bay's Inn to your Saves list
80 Sitio Labasin | Sabang Beach, Baler, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Baler B&B and Inns
“One of the best restos in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We didn't stay here but ate here lots of times!

Love the chicken neck! Was nicely fried with the right amount of chili. All the other food we ordered was good too! Service is faster than most of the other restaurants in the area. The price was reasonable too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mandaluyong City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Bay's Inn is one of the first hotels in Baler, Aurora. We went there for a business / short vacation trip. We called a few days in advance to book for a room and indicated our preferences according to their website. At first we reserved for 4nights stay because we didn't know how long we would be staying. We asked if our plans changed, would it be okay to shorten our stay. We went there last April 2012. Since it was summer, they said it won't be a problem because they always have walk-in customers. We arrived about half an hour past lunch. So we ate first before talking to the receptionist. The restaurant is facing the beach. It's quite entertaining to see people surfing and swimming. It didn't take long before our orders arrived. I ordered whatever is their best seller. According to our partners, the restaurant is known to be popular because the menu is really good. It was true indeed. We did not try going to other restaurants. There's a row of resorts fronting the beach with restaurants as well. But we have noticed in the course of our stay that the guests of other resorts prefer to eat at Bay's Inn. i liked all i have ordered from their restaurant. Their menu wasn't gourmet or prepared anything differently, it was continental / filipino-chinese. But their versions were good. We had a little problem with our room reservation though. The vacant room that was reserved for us was not the room that we have indicated and all my preferences were not followed. But the receptionist was very courteous and resourceful that even if we told her that we'll just look for another resort. She returned to us shortly and told us that she managed to arrange a vacant room for us with our preferences. So in less than 30 minutes (we just stayed at the restaurant to relax a bit before heading off to look for a resort), we got our nice little room. The air-conditioning was very cool. The bathroom is simple but clean. We liked it. It's Php1,500 / night with free breakfast for two. Good deal. You can choose whether to have breakfast in your room or at the restaurant. The housekeeping staff was efficient in keeping the room clean. And when I wanted a green mango shake which they ran out of, when the room boy heard that I wanted one, later in the afternoon, he went to us and gave us several green mangoes from his own backyard. We had a discount from the restaurant as they made us our green mango shake. We had a total of four orders worth of green mango shake from the mangoes given us. When we had to shorted our stay, we didn't have a problem doing that. My husband and I were satisfied with our 2 nights stay. Our partners have relatives in Baler so they didn't stay at the hotel. I would go back to Bay's inn and bring the rest of my family. :)

Room Tip: Choose rooms from the new building. Facing the building, the rooms to the rightmost ground floor an...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Mandaluyong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Bay's Inn has very affordable rooms. Do not get a room near the Restaurant as it tends to get noisy. Rooms are small, bed is not too comfortable but at their low price it is acceptable. Food at the restaurant is good. Staff are friendly. Food might take time to be served at their restaurant so order ahead.

• Stayed December 2011
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Bay's Inn is the best place to eat in Baler. But that information comes with a price. Be sure to order ahead (especially during peak season) or be prepared to possibly wait for hours for your food to arrive. I'm not exaggerating. You can indeed wait for hours. But the food is good so I come back anyway.

I stayed in Bay's Inn once during a solo trip and I made the mistake of choosing the room with a "patio" right outside on the ground floor. It seems that at night, the staff and some of the guests hang out at the patio. And they don't care if you're asleep or not. I was kept awake by laughter, playful shouts and loud talking. There was even running. I didn't want to seem difficult so I let it pass. However, I checked out the next day and moved elsewhere. I did inform the girl at the check-out why I was leaving early. Maybe they've solved this problem.

But I think I just picked the wrong room. Despite that incident, I'd probably stay here again (if my first two choices were fully booked). The room is clean and for the price, it is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor tend to be noisy because it's near the restaurant.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at Bay's in for three days. The staff were friendly and nice. Good view. The place is close to the beach. I mean really close.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Baguio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Spend a week's vacation in Baler last year with a friend to have some surfing experience, and as what i usually practice, i go into these smaller residential houses providing transient services because most of the lodge/Inn are fully booked. On the 2nd day since we arrived, we decided to try having lunch at Bay's Inn. My friend ordered pancit canton while i decided to try their local version of Kinilaw na Yellow Fin Tuna (Yellow fin tuna cooked in vinegar and spices)...it took almost an hour before our food was served, it is very hard to get the attention of waiters when you want to order because they don't pay much attention to their customers. When we paid our bill, i choose to go to the cashier to pay to save time, with that it took them almost 15minutes to finish computing my bill because they're busy chit chatting with each other. Food was ok but service needs a lot of improvement in this restaurant.

Room Tip: Perhaps making a reservation and advance order will work with the kind of service they have on their...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My family and I stayed at Bay's Inn, which is on Sabang Beach, in Baler. Sabang, a long sweep of a beach, is where the napalm-in-the-morning scene of Apocalypse Now was shot, at least that's the local lore. And from the look of the beach, that's a believable claim. We headed to Baler to surf—my two nieces are surfers and my daughter and I wanted to learn. Sabang Beach has a great, laid-back surfer vibe. Most of the surfers when we were there were locals, so the surfing had nothing to do with fancy equipment or brand-name clothes. And for some mysterious reason, the surfers congregated at Bay's Inn. Why? We never found out. Bays Inn also seems a good place for townspeople to gather. Our last night, there was a party, and the courtyard rumbled continually as guests arrived on motorbikes as well as pickups.

Bay's Inn is run-down. At some rooms we peeked at, the bathroom cabinets had rotting wood. We had room 15, which had air conditioning AND hot shower. Plus, it was right by the front desk, so we could get Wi-Fi in our room. Otherwise, you'd have hang out by the front desk to check e-mail or surf the Internet. Food was just simple,Filipino fare, but at $2 a meal, I was happy. They offered brewed coffee. Our $35 a night room (two queen beds) came with free breakfast for the four of us.

The infrastructure was much better next door at a new resort called Bayler, and the food and room prices were similar. Further down the beach was Aliya, a beautifully sited resort, almost Japanese-like aesthetic to its dining area, simple rooms, surfer vibe, and similar prices. Aliya, though, had the most passive staff. The waiter said he couldn't offer us brewed coffee because the coffee had run out and they wouldn't be making more till the next day. Say what?

But back to Bay's Inn: What I like about it was that it was a surfer hangout. It was fun watching people surf and seeing how the audience reacted. Surf lessons were 350 pesos an hour (including board) plus free bottled water, but we bargained that down to 300. The instructors earned every peso. Its terrace overlooks the beach, and it's lulling to sit there and watch the waves. Bayler has no lounge chairs; you sit on plastic chairs. It has a 24-hour kitchen, an unexpected perk when we left to catch the 4:30 a.m. Genesis bus to Manila: We still got our free breakfast (ordered the night before and served at 3:30). The terrace faces the Pacific, and it gets very windy at night, so the staff brings down the shades. Too bad. Sneak around the tarp and look up. The stars are abundant and glorious.

We took the regular, air-conditioned Genesis bus from Manila (under 400 pesos), and it took us 7 hours to reach Baler, even though we started off at 1:30 in the morning. The bus had tons of stops. Returning, we upgraded to Genesis's Joy bus, which had enormous plump seats, free water, bathroom, and a bus attendant in high heels. It's a direct trip, and we got there in under 6 hours.

I loved this vacation. It was laid-back and quirky, and I got to stand on the board. If I were to go back, I would stay at Bayler or Aliya, and probably hang out at Bay's Inn terrace. If only they could get Wi-Fi to reach there.

Room Tip: Room 15 had air conditioner AND hot shower. Plus it's right by the front desk, so you can get Wi...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bay's Inn? Share your experiences!