“First visit and I'll definitely be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 restaurants in Amberley
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“First visit and I'll definitely be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

As part of the WIN-Biz.co.uk team (West Independent Networking) that met for a session at the Black Horse and I must say having read the reviews I was a little concerned about what we would find. However, with a new Landlord (Nick Voss) things have really turned around.

The beer was excellent, the views terrific (but I did visit on one of the hottest days of the year so far), and the food service swift and spot on! With plenty of outside seating,

I'll definitely be back (probably several times) this summer, as we're always looking for somewhere to have a relaxed lunch with great views and I haven't found a pub with views of the Cotswold escarpment quite like these and so close to beautiful walks across the common land too.

I'd thoroughly recommend the staff, beer and food to others wanting a similar experience.

• Visited July 2013

54% Recommend
“Great Pub, Great Grub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Having visited this pub many a times over the last few years I thought I better try it under new ownership! I was pleasantly surprised today to find it busy and buzzing on a Wednesday afternoon. A pleasant young chap was helpful and knowledgeable on the menu as well as helping me appreciate the wonderful views by giving me an idea of the villages and towns I could see!

It's a wonderful pub that has certainly seen some ups and downs and from my experience the new owner has really got his hands on it. Long may it continue!

• Visited July 2013
northampton
“Nice view but.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We ordered food and explained that we just wanted a sandwich- would it be a long wait. No we were assured! 45 minutes later we left- no bagette and a snotty bar staff woman who lacked any interpersonal skills. I believe from speaking to a local chap that the pub had just been taken over- think they may need to improve before this lovely pub with great views becomes yet another victim of pubs closing down.

Visited July 2013
Amberley, United Kingdom
“Best pub ever !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

When I moved to the area this place was shut & awaiting a new owner.Since it has been opened I have definitely become a regular but also bring friends & family for the food.Fantastic range of drinks & really lovely food..pies & burgers a specialty.A visiting friend from Devon said his burger was the best he has tasted! Tuscan veg pie divine for vegetarians.
Just a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere with dogs & children very welcome.

Oh,I missed the best bit..the view ! The garden where you can sit/eat has a clear unspoilt view of the Stroud Valleys.Literally breathtaking;especially when the sun is going down.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely pub, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've been up to the Black Horse a few times over the last couple of months since the change in ownership and have to say that all of my experiences have been great. The pub has had a good clean and a fresh lick of paint to smarten it up a little, the menu offers a decent selection of classic pub grub at very reasonable prices and the staff are polite, friendly and welcoming. Considering that the Black Horse boasts one of the best views of the valley in the area it's a popular choice, especially on a sunny day. Go there to relax and unwind, and experience what a proper village pub should be like!

• Visited June 2013