The setting in the Whinlatter Forest is a great start, my first red squirrel sighted almost straight away! Our mountain view room was obscured by mist and rain but wasn't reflected in the welcome we received. Every member of staff we met were warm, friendly, interested and clearly love the place. Our meal was a true delight, from the superb local ingredients to the wealth of choice for my vegetarian husband. What stood out was the unparalleled knowledge of the food and drink we were served by the waiting staff. Plenty of more upmarket restaurants could take a leaf out of their book. The service was impeccable. We were delighted with our stay, it exceeded our expectations and if you haven't eaten there, we recommend you do!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Lake District - Keswick