I booked this hotel for my girlfriend's birthday for three nights recently and it was a wonderful stay. We stayed in a cottage room which was very cosy and beautifully appointed, indeed, the whole place felt like a cosy cottage, miles away from a faceless cold hotel, yet private & unobtrusive. The meals were fabulous, beautifully prepared & presented and different dishes appeared each evening which were all explained fully over a G&T in the lounge area. There were many small touches which make this hotel special, to list a few....Kath's help with planning walks, amazing bird display in the garden to watch over breakfast, handmade bisuits in the room, the level of polite & discrete service from all the staff... and after travelling the world and staying in many fine hotels, I am rather picky, but would highly recommend Cottage In The Wood. Hope to stay there again some day. Thanks to Kath, Liam and all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Lake District - Keswick