“Hotel ok food poor” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yarra Valley Lodge

You added Yarra Valley Lodge to your Saves list
Yarra Valley Lodge
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Heritage Avenue | Heritage Golf & Country Club, Chirnside Park, Victoria 3116, Australia (Formerly The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chirnside Park
“Hotel ok food poor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

we stayed here on our wine tasting trip around the yarra, first impressions were good. The room was large, bed was good and the bathroom was spacious with a bath and a shower.
The price was a little over the top for what it is.

The downside was the food. We ate in the restaurant my take on this was they are trying to be fancy but without the service or the food quality. We ordered a bottle wine which was good but both glasses were nearly filled to top!
The food was a let down, we started with some of the bites- these were not bad. The main I had the lamb it was tough and cold we also order the pumpkin pasta which was nice for one but too much of the same taste to finish the meal.
The best thing was the potato sides, these were awesome.

I would so much rather this place to have a pub style menu as this is what would fit better

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
GMYVL, General Manager at Yarra Valley Lodge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the Yarra Valley.

We disagree with your assessment of Bella Restaurant, the service and food quality. Our Chefs utilise only the freshest of local Yarra Valley ingredients, with almost every element of each dish prepared in house. The lamb dish is slow cooked for over 12 hours and does not have the capacity to be tough given the method of cooking.

Each to their own on personal taste, but would recommend that you not put your own spin on the style of restaurant that we should or should not be. We have enjoyed great success over the past two years and will continue to showcase the abundance of produce that the region has to offer.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback of your stay and look forward to sharing this with my team.

Anthony LoGiusto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Cold food, 15 mins for service, missing bedside light bulbs, saggy sofa beds, no chiller buckets at the bar for white wine bottles... find somewhere else as we where disappointed at the price for service...

• Stayed December 2014

I am hoping that you might contact me at anthony_logiusto@yarravalleylodge.com so that we can discuss your stay. Your comments are in contrast to the feedback that we usually receive and I would like to understand how we let you down.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A girls weekend away we had a suite room which had two singles and a fold out lounge. The foldout sagged so badly that it almost wrapped around.
The service in the restaurant was almost good. However they seated us and then forgot to come and get our order. Then when the main arrived the meat was not cooked through. By that I mean it was cold in the middle.

Stayed December 2014

I am hoping that you might contact me at anthony@logiusto@yarravalleylodge.com to provide me with some further information regarding your stay. We typically receive great feedback regarding the food and service in Bella Restaurant and I would like to understand further where we may have let you down.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Accommodation was very comfortable with great king bed, good shower, Bathrobe overlooking countryside. Not too far from Melbourne with plenty of amazing wineries & great restaurants not to mention a golfers paradise. Lovely views and good service at the lodge.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for my niece's wedding.
The hotel service was great, the facilities top notch and the food fantastic.
My wife and I shared a "3 person room" with our 22 year old daughter. The room had 2 double beds and was very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having been running conferences for 20 years, I was blown away by the service ethic at Yarra Valley Lodge. Generally I find that the culture of a venue leans toward being efficient but snooty.....or inefficient but friendly. Being able to balance both at every single interaction (both warm, witty, and authentic as well as being sensitive to the nuanced requirements of conferencing) is evidence of a brilliant team spirit.
We'll be back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ferntree gully
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a delightful short break away from the hussle and bustle of life.Lovely views out through what seemed like sound- proofed windows across to the golf course.Was a perfect place to stay and then later that evening we dined in the restaurant and enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the morning.Most relaxing although too short a stay. Hopefully next time we go there my husband will have time to play a game of golf as well. Also, is reasonably close to where we live so we felt that we were still close enough if we had any home emergencies- which fortunately there were none.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.