“Best Meals” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are located alongside the Maroondah Highway in Chirnside Park, diagonaly opposite Reading Cinemas, and between Red Rooster and Bunnings hardware.
Lilydale, Australia
“Best Meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I came in with just my partner for dinner the other night. We both had mains and desserts and loved them. I had the lamb and my partner had the eye fillet, both were cooked to perfection!!
for dessert i had the cheesecake which tasted amazing and my partner had the brulee which they enjoyed. the service was also friendly and helpful.
overall we had a lovely night and experience, would definitely recommend Platinum to anyone and we will be coming back!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

melbourne
“Do not Bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

What a sincere disappointment this place is! Could not even eat the snapper I ordered. The whole meal was a disgrace. To think a chef would let a piece of snapper be served on a plate that even looked terrible but was tasteless and cold and not edible. The staff where over the top and to be asked by three waitresses over sharing a lemon tart if it was ok gives me complete confidence that they are asking for your approval . This is the second time I have eaten here since it opened years ago and will never bother again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ringwood, Australia
“Missed the mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

After a rave review from my girlfriend from a previous visit, I decided it was time to see for myself. At first glance you could be forgiven in thinking that this was just a café to serve the businesses in the same building, it's really an odd location for a restaurant.

First the décor was kind of over the top, the booths looked uncomfortable, thankfully it was just the 2 of us and we were seated a table in the middle of the restaurant. I was first disappointed when the water they brought over had a slice of lemon in it and it appeared to have been there all day. I think lemon needs to be an option and not automatically included.

The menu looked a little like pretentious pub food mixed with silver service. In my opinion it just didn't work. The portion sizes were definitely what you would find at any local pub but with a pretentious fine dining cost. The mains were around $30 each, my girlfriend had the eye fillet which she loved, I had the flat head and was a little disappointed. We opted for main and dessert so can't comment on the entrée.

My girlfriend had a very runny crème brulee and was left a little disappointed and I chose the baked vanilla bean cheesecake, this was ok I guess but overpriced. You could not taste the vanilla, the base was undercooked, the berry/shiraz compote was very bitter.

Overall for my first visit I was very underwhelmed. I am prepared to give benefit of the doubt but could not see myself rushing back anytime soon for dinner. We both thought the breakfast menu looked appealing and are going to try that next.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“"Good family restaurant"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a really good find, friends had said this restaurant was great to go to but with mixed reviews i had to see for myself. But to my suprise it was what my friends had said, good service good food and prices you will find all around this area. I will come back to try lunch as there is some good options for any budget, and i really want to try that dessert platter looks awesome. I had the pork belly to start and then the steak for mains, thats why i could not fit dessert but will be back to try that soon, keep it up the good work platinum.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Chirnside Park could benefit from a decent restaurant but Platinum is not the answer. We dined here on a Saturday evening. The place was certainly packed - too packed. Very light, bright and noisy. Decor is ultra modern and has uncomfortable booths in one part of the restaurant. Entrees and mains were very poorly presented. We had a Entree of a spicy chicken dish which was far too large and looked like deep fried Twisties. Very dry and terrible colour. I ordered the scallops and they were swamped by the grated apple "sprinkle". Mains were dry and far too large, presentation terrible. This place reminds me of a pub which is trying to impress by giving huge servings of 2nd rate food, when a smaller amount of decent quality would impress. Other reviewers must be easily pleased. It would be worth going closer to the city and find a reasonable restaurant rather than have to endure this messy slop. Staff are overly attentive and engage in idle chit chat about your day but are too intrusive and came back every five minutes to ask how things are - very annoying. Certainly not a romantic place to eat, possibly better for lunch if you have to. This place certainly falls short of expectations, which is a pity as a good eatery would be most welcome in this area.

• Visited August 2013