We booked Mantra Ettalong Beach for 1 night expecting a wonderful Saturday night away, not having to travel too far out of Sydney.
Our room was nice enough and the balcony looked over the pool and ocean, which normally would be pleasant - but a lot of noise from the pool area even though we were on a high level.
Our room was non smoking but everyone that smokes did so on their balcony which made it impossible to sit and relax on balcony morning, afternoon or evening.
It is listed as a Hotel and Spa - yet there are absolutely NO hotels facilities. The only thing available at the pool area is a drink machine which only had soft drinks - NO BOTTLED WATER
and a variety of chips, lollies etc.
There was no café ,room service or any type of facitlity within the hotel to obtain a cup of coffee!!!
Now if we knew we were coming to a place which was apartments with facilities then we would have catered for ourselves BUT when Mantra list as a Hotel & Spa you expect the basics.
The room was very average, 1 bedside light didn't work and air conditioning was not working properly either.
It is fine for staff at front desk to say there is a club next door to have breakfast/lunch/dinner but that is not what everyone wants.
My point though of the whole issue is that they list themselves as a Hotel and Spa!!
We will never stay at another Mantra Hotel or whatever again.
I emailed Mantra and received a very unsatisfactory reply, I sent another email but it was not answered.
We don't normally review anything or complain! But I felt this warranted as the arrogance of staff and customer service has put us off ever staying at their hotels?? ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the beautiful beachside town of Ettalong, Mantra Ettalong Beach offers spectacular ocean views just 90 minutes north of Sydney on the Central Coast. Combining superbly appointed unserviced beachfront accommodation with an exciting array of leisure and entertainment facilities the resort is the perfect destination for family getaways, romantic retreats or business stays. There's a range of studio, one and two bedroom unserviced spa suites, offering magnificent pool, ocean and hinterland views. All suites are fully furnished with kitchenettes, laundry facilities, air conditioning, balconies, cable TV, CD player and stereo system, hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities and spa baths. Guests can enjoy the outdoor pool and spa, a variety of dining establishments within walking distance, an entertainment venue which is located adjacent to the hotel. The on-site day spa is located on level 1, Mantra Ettalong Beach we offer clients total relaxation and a real fitness environment to get that full work out experience. If you're here to relax and unwind, energise and work hard, on your own or with a group, you can get some pre and post wedding pampering. No matter how you arrive you will always leave with a deep inner calm. Just a short drive away is the Hunter Valley, one of Australia's most fertile wine-producing regions. Terrigal, Erina and Gosford CBD are just a 25 minute drive away offering an array of cafes, shopping and attractions. Brisbane Water National Park, the Australia Reptile Park, Glenworth Valley horse riding and Outdoor Adventure Centre are conveniently located within a short drive and are popular local attractions. With its pristine water views, and relaxing environment, Mantra Ettalong Beach offers the perfect seaside escape for family getaways, romantic interludes or the business traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Ettalong Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Ettalong Beach Hotel Ettalong Beach
- Outrigger Ettalong
- Mantra Ettalong Beach Woy