My fiancé and I booked to stay at Mantra Ettalong beach for 4 nights in November 2012. We left after one nights stay, not wanting to waste out valuable holiday leave in such a dismal hotel. Our experience was extremely disappointing and I feel needs to be shared to prospective holiday goers.
The room which was reasonably pricey was small and we had a "hinterland view" (more appropriately car park view) room. We were unhappy with the layout of the room as the bedroom was in a segregated room from the lounge and television space where the air conditioning unit was, therefore we found it a very uncomfortable sleep as it was so hot and could not get any air in our bedroom. Our television was also very small and the lounge uncomfortable. The bed was the worst bed we had ever slept on and we both woke up very sore.
At 8am, after a very broken nights sleep in the rock hard bed, we awoke to the sound of a fire alarm ringing through the building and a firetruck pulling up out the front. We felt very unsafe, but could accept that sometimes these things happen. Until we got back from exploring the local area later that day (around 1pm) only to see more fire trucks out the front and when trying to return to our room there were large smoke doors blocking us off in the hallway saying "smoke doors do not enter", once again feeling anxious about our safety in this hotel. We went to the reception desk to ask if it was safe to enter our room, where we were scoffed at by the lady at reception saying "of course you can, it's just an automatic response". Other hotel goers we met in the elevator said the alarm had been going off the last few days aswell! By this stage my fiancé and I were so over the uncomfortable rooms, unfriendly, rude staff we decided to spend the rest of our annual leave at home.
I emailed the manager of Mantra Ettalong beach about our experience who did the usual automated "We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay" speil leaving me feeling like my concerns were not taken seriously . He offered 25% off future stays, and to be honest I would not return to this hotel if I was paid.
Pros: nice view from the pool.
Cons: rooms, staff, rooms not serviced daily even though it is advertised as a hotel (and you are certainly paying those prices), area very quiet and not our scene, unsecure car park, everything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the beautiful beachside town of Ettalong, Mantra Ettalong Beach offers spectacular ocean views just 90 minutes north of Sydney on the Central Coast. Combining superbly appointed unserviced beachfront accommodation with an exciting array of leisure and entertainment facilities the resort is the perfect destination for family getaways, romantic retreats or business stays. There's a range of studio, one and two bedroom unserviced spa suites, offering magnificent pool, ocean and hinterland views. All suites are fully furnished with kitchenettes, laundry facilities, air conditioning, balconies, cable TV, CD player and stereo system, hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities and spa baths. Guests can enjoy the outdoor pool and spa, a variety of dining establishments within walking distance, an entertainment venue which is located adjacent to the hotel. The on-site day spa is located on level 1, Mantra Ettalong Beach we offer clients total relaxation and a real fitness environment to get that full work out experience. If you're here to relax and unwind, energise and work hard, on your own or with a group, you can get some pre and post wedding pampering. No matter how you arrive you will always leave with a deep inner calm. Just a short drive away is the Hunter Valley, one of Australia's most fertile wine-producing regions. Terrigal, Erina and Gosford CBD are just a 25 minute drive away offering an array of cafes, shopping and attractions. Brisbane Water National Park, the Australia Reptile Park, Glenworth Valley horse riding and Outdoor Adventure Centre are conveniently located within a short drive and are popular local attractions. With its pristine water views, and relaxing environment, Mantra Ettalong Beach offers the perfect seaside escape for family getaways, romantic interludes or the business traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Ettalong Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Ettalong Beach Hotel Ettalong Beach
- Outrigger Ettalong
- Mantra Ettalong Beach Woy