“Escape the family for peace and quiet recharging” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trigg Retreat Bed & Breakfast

You added Trigg Retreat Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Trigg Retreat Bed & Breakfast
4.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   59 Kitchener St, Trigg, Stirling, Western Australia 6029, Australia   |
Special Offer
Tripadvisor Special
Ranked #1 of 2 Trigg B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adelaide
“Escape the family for peace and quiet recharging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I loved this place. I needed a place to stay in Perth and there was no room at my sister's place, and I wanted somewhere quiet and peaceful, especially at night. Most of the places around the city and the big hotels are too noisy and impersonal for me. Trigg Retreat was perfect.

The room itself was much nicer than home and provided amenities better than I expected. The bed was firm and even, all linen was spotless, and they were more than generous with the towels and facewashers - I could leave the ones I brought from home in my bag. There was a huge walk in closet, with a fridge and coffee making facilites as well as a shared lounge room with more coffee making facilities and a small supply of munchies.

Sue managed to sort out every problem including my much later than planned arrival (roadworks on the main road is my excuse). And anything I wanted, all I needed to do was ask. I also liked her recommendations for local cafes and places to visit.

I had my favourite breakfast every morning - I'm a sucker for croissants and honey and fresh coffee. Don't get that at home either. Not to mention the beautiful indoor-outdoor eating area.

Best of all it was a quiet escape from the family wedding stresses. And I could come back any time I wanted for a nanna nap and freshen up - though I did make sure I let Sue know when I thought I would want to do that so she could time the room cleaning to suit.

And waking up on Sydney time, I had a lovely walk in the early morning along the esplanades above Trigg Beach and if I'd been a bit keener, we were an easy walk to Mettams pool, a popular and sheltered swimming spot. And not far from the surf beaches. Our host Sue can provide facilities for washing and storing your surf board too.

I had lunch at nearby Soda Cafe, which was delicious. Not sure they understand the value of local produce to a visitor, with ingredients like Gold Coast (QLD) Prawns on the menu.

All the places I needed to go were easy to access by car from Trigg Retreat, including the car hire (Bayswater), Floreat Beach, Subiaco and Cottesloe. Trigg Retreat also had room for off street parking.

At Trigg Retreat the bedrooms are upstairs, and the shower in the room I was in, has quite a big step in, so you need to be able to step up comfortably to stay here.

I'd love to stay here next time I visit Perth, even if there is room at my sister's.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dortmund, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

The room was lovley furnished and of comfortable size. All was clean and neat. The furniture looked brand new. The flat screen was very modern. The room had lots of power plugs for loading mobiles, cameras etc. We were provided with nice tea facilities and good-night sweets as well as fresh flowers. The shower was spotless and very modern. The blankets was very warm and cosy. Our stay was in winter so the night were a bit freezing but it worked fine. The inversible AC and the heating lights were very good.

Sue gave us phantastic tips for restaurants. All in walking distance. The surrounding is very quiet although close to CBD Perth.

We will come back, I am sure. Thank you very much Sue!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Axminster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Trigg Retreat was a very comfortable B&B with a very welcoming owner Sue. The rooms were very tastefully decorated in a modern style with every last thing thought of including electric blankets, fresh flowers, chocolates in the evening and a big flat screen TV. Use of a lounge and kitchen is on the same floor as the bedrooms. A comprehensive continental breakfast is served in the dining room with cooked an optional $10 extra. It is about a ten minute walk to the beach and a short drive to Scarborough and Hillarys Boat Harbour where there are lots of restaurants.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Sue Stein is a most gracious and accommodating hostess whose B&B is modern with a warm homey touch. The additional fee for the hot breakfast was well worth the fee for the wonderful scrambled eggs and salmon, with garnish of avocado and parsley. The bed was very comfortable along with the under the sheets electric sheet warmer which made getting under the covers soooo toasty!

The accomodations are well decorated and pleasing, especially all the wonderful photographs around the room and lining the walls. Sue was most helpful in giving us directions and making calls for taxi service.

Travelers should really have a rented car to get around, as taxis are very expensive to any location ($50 AUD from the airport to this B&B). Although there is a bus to the train to get into Perth it is quite a haul to get there or costly. We chose to stay around the ocean front and watch the water and sunset. This is a wonderful place to stay at, and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My partner and I stayed 3 days/2 nights at this fabulous place. I must say first that Sue was a great host during our stay there - She was accommodating on our requests and made us feel really welcome. The BB was like a home away from home and boy, was it cozy. The place was spotless - there's even a sitting area with pantry on the 2nd floor.

Breaky room welcomes you with soft music in the morning and the egg benedict we had are out of the world.
I will definitely stay there again if i am back in Perth for holidays

rm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

The service was excellent. Sue was very kind and helpful. The room was big and clean, tastefully decorated. The B&B is near the beach (about 10 minutes walk) and located in a peaceful and quiet village. It is the best to do some ralaxing days.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

My partner and I stayed 3 nights/4 days at this beautiful B&B. Our host Sue was such a lovely lady, so accommodating and made you feel at home from the minute we we're parked up. Upon entry we noted how spotless the house was and that homely feel not to forget the little alcove with a computer with free wireless internet access. The breaky room is downstairs, the sitting room and 3 rooms all with ensuite are upstairs. Our room was so comfortable, the bed just right equipt with an electric blanket for those cool Perth nights. It has a tv/DVD set up with a plentiful supply of good DVD's to watch at your leisure. All the good things you expect of an exceptional hotel, toiletries, tea/coffee making facilities, room serviced everyday, heating. But Sue definitely goes beyond expectation little chocolates in room everyday, a beautiful garden grown rose to give the room that 'rosy' smell, a key that turns everything off upon departing the room and something so basic as everything is plugged in and ready to go! No pulling that jug out and having to plug it in, it is all ready to be used!!

Breakfast is absolutely delicious!! A wide variety of cereals, toast/croissants/fruit toast, fruit salad, plunger coffee all supplied in the tariff a hot breaky available at a small additional cost but we found the continental very substantial. Booking the accommodation is very easy online via their website.

Trigg is a beautiful location 2 minute drive/5 minute walk to the gorgeous beach and takes no time at all to drive into Perth CBD as the freeways are driver friendly! We will be booking this accommodation on every future trip to Perth, being only approx. Aus $160 a night depending on high and low season, it is a fantastic alternative to those claustrophobic expensive hotels Perth seems to offer.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Trigg Retreat Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!