“Quality is comparable to price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Essendon

Comfort Inn & Suites Essendon
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Essendon to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Essendon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   93 Bulla Rd., Essendon North, Moonee Valley, Victoria 3041, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Essendon North
Kyabram
“Quality is comparable to price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed with my husband and two children for one night in January. The accomodation is very dated and no effort has been made to modernise these motel rooms. The rooms were very clean but the furniture, decor and bedding has been used many times over. The staff were friendly, and assisted with free wifi access. If staying, your expectations need to match the price you pay - reasonable accomodation for a reasonably cheap price, in a rather convenient location. Good for arriving late and leaving early. Traffic noise was not an issue during our stay, and there was access to off street parking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I changed ny normal Motel for this trip to Melbourne, will certainly be back there in the future. From start to finish this was a disaster. My first mistake was checking inn whiole the staff were haveing lunch in the attached(and closed) restaurant. Very perfunctary and could not care less attitude, there is the key, I'm going back to lunch. Later in the afternoon I needed a WHite Pages to check and address(non in the room!). The English of the lady at reception was so poor that she had no idea what I wanted. I eventually pointed to the phone and a book on the counter, she offered me one of their buisiness cards!!!. Room were average, very old, the fridge was steel, and freezer all iced up, caqrpet frayed, several lights not working(could not face the language barrier to have anything done). I was depoarting very early, and there was no provision, or information about checkout/key return. I had to ring a "locum service" who said leave key in room and go!!! Know where I will be staying next time

Room Tip: Avoid it like the plague
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mount Gambier, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Only stayed one night. Motel is terribly outdated. Cobwebs were hanging out of 2 corners and there was a massive crack along the wall which was approx 2 inchs wide. Ceiling above my bed was filthy. Bathroom needs a major update but the shower had good pressure. Lots of traffic noise which didn't quieten down til 3am, only had a couple of hours sleep.

On a positive note there was 3 of us traveling and they put us in a huge room with 5 beds so there was plenty of room to move around. Was also within walking distance to a large homemaker center. Certainly wouldn't stay here again though.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Australind, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this motel on 23 May 2012. I left my purse in the room when busy heading to the airport in the morning, All the money and IDs are in the purse. Before we reached the airport, I received phone call from the motel regarding the desperating purse. Well, not even 5 cents missing, all preserved very well. The motel receptionist also return my missing Iphone charger. I wrote this mainly to thank them, very honest and friendly people.
Withe the stay, the room was old and pretty basic but clean and comfortable. I believe people choosing a motel certainly not for luxurious, who will be stupid to spend time hanging around the motel anyway.
We will stay next time and hopefully to see more upgrading.

Room Tip: I got have to say the room of this motel is bigger than normail ones, especially the bathroom
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

From the outside we did not know what lurked inside. Once we entered the room we were met with a bit of a moldy smell. Further inspection of the room found 3 things of concern.

1 - Picture of gun drawn with pen on the carpet.
2 - Stain on mattress undercover that was yellow in color.
3 - Side table drawer contained an open condom wrapper.

We also left an item in the room that we forgot. When we rang the day we checked out we were told the cleaners did not find anything. An out and out lie.

Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Marana, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife, brother and sister-in-law stayed at this hotel on March 18, 2012. The hotel is very difficult to access from the public roadway. Once we arrived, the staff was snotty and told us that all the ground floor rooms were reserved. That was not a deal breaker so we headed upstairs to our rooms. The rooms were dank, outmoded and quite uninviting. As it was warm, we turned on the A/C unit. It was an antiquated wall-mounted unit that made a horrific noise. When we complained, the front desk staff told us that they were in the process of remodeling their rooms. As we had no other options and had a catch a plane early the next morning out of Melbourne, we had to stay the night. When we woke up in the morning, the counters, floors and our luggage was covered in greasy, black specs--emitted from the A/C unit. It was HORRIBLE! I immediately went down to the front desk to complain. They offered me a $10 refund (we paid $128.00 for this room). I was so outraged that I walked out of the lobby. Since returning to the US, I made a formal complaint with the Choice Hotels. They told me any refund would be up to the individual hotel. PLEASE, do not stay at this hotel. At least I may be able to save you the grief, anger and frustration we experienced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Narrandera
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Stayed in room 20, This is a good motel, it is very clean and the shower in my room was a ripper. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The motel is fairly dated and overdue for a full reno but that is only cosmetic too me at least. Bed !!! what is it about motels and hard beds these days, they seem to not care that not all of us like sleeping on a firm bed. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Essendon? Share your experiences!