“Over priced 2nd rate Italian” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Criniti's - Castle Hill

Criniti's - Castle Hill
Shop 17, The Piazza | Castle Towers, Castle Hill, The Hills Shire, New South Wales 2154, Australia
+61 1300 274 648
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 56 Restaurants in Castle Hill
Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Over priced 2nd rate Italian”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The hype does not make for good cuisine. It's over priced for essentially bar quality food. Home made pasta not cooked well. Noisy atmosphere. Beet root salad was the stand out of the vin ordinaries cuisine.

Sydney, Australia
“Nice local place to catch up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Located in the Piazza at Castle Towers shopping centre lots of free parking. Indoor & outdoor dinning area which is covered from the elements, this was good as we elected to dine outside and in a bit of a drizzle we were fine. Friendly staff who understand the menu and home to the long long pizza its huge, homemade pastas and fully licensed no BYO. I recommend booking 1300 crinitis as it can get busy. Enjoy!

“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Crintis is one of my favourite places to dine and my husband and i go quite frequently at the castle hill location. since it opened i haven't had one issue with my order. Recently went with my husband on friday 1st feb at about 3.30pm and we both agreed that we had the best service from a waiter but never got his name and he was great, friendly and always making sure that we were ok. Yes it may be a tad expensive but its worth it. Its clean and the atmosphere is lovely.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently took my wife to Criniti's Castle Hill. Our initial impression was that the ambience looked good and we were seated quickly. Our orders were taken promptly and drinks delivered quickly. I ordered Spaghetti Carbonara and my wife ordered cozze e mariniere (mussels with garlic, chilli, white wine, cream, parsley and italian bread). When our orders arrived, my carbonara was swimming in oil, and my wife's mariniere was covered with a tomato sauce and the shells with stuffed with what we think were bits of prawns. We asked the waitress for a menu as we thought it was the wrong dish. She looked at her electronic note pad and told us that is what we ordered. No menu was given. We thought maybe we had misread the initial menu and tried to eat it. my wife could not taste the mussels and left most of the food. I also left most of mine as it was just too oily. When the plates were collected half full, there was no questions as to whether or not we enjoyed it the meal, although we were offered the dessert menu. we declined and asked for the bill which was brought to us. We then sat there for 15 minutes with staff ignoring our section of the restaurant with the bill and payment sitting on our table. we eventually tried to pay at the bar, but there was no one there, and finally stopped a waitress who finally took our payment. We did question whether our food was free because no one wanted to take payment, which she said she would check. Obvioulsy she didn't check. I then gave feedback on their APP and was promised a response within 72 hours. 4 days later and I am still waiting. very disappointing.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Good food but waited over an hour for it to arrive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went to Crinitis for my birthday, with 8 friends. We had no issues making a reservation the day before. The atmosphere is great, and our drinks order was taken right away. We had to ask twice for water to be delivered to the table. And then we waited, and waited, and waited for our food. After an hour, we asked the waiter about our food, and to their credit - the whole team was straight on to it - it arrived 15 mins later. One staff member apologised for the delay and told us that if he was running the restaurant, this wouldn't have happened... hmmm. The food was generally delicious, however our chips were undercooked. My friends gnocchi and burger were reportedly amazing. The food is a little overpriced, and we weren't compensated for the long wait. Not bad, but not sure if we'll be back in a hurry.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere