“Great value, great service, great food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Broadmeadows
Cuisines: Indian
Melbourne, Australia
“Great value, great service, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Indian food is one of my all times favourites, and I have been to many Indian restaurants in Australia and overseas. Ginger Club is definitely right up there among the best. The prices are very reasonable (entrees $4.50 - $12.00, mains $11 - $16), and the food is really excellent quality. My favourites are the tomato chilli soup, the Ginger Club Platter for two ( a selection of entrees including samosa, pakora, onion bhaji, chicken tikka and seekh kebab), garlic naan and the Aloo Gobhi. They also make a really delicious pistachio, mango or strawberry Kulfi (ice cream) I have been back many times with friends and with family, and am making my way through the entire menu. I am yet to have a dish that has not been top class. As well as seafood, beef, lamb and chicken dishes there is also a good selection of vegetarian. I have tried all except seafood, which i do not eat. I think the only reason people have not heard about the Ginger Club is that it is located in Broadmeadows. If it were in the inner suburbs it would not have been my secret gem for this long. The owner is very friendly as are the staff. If you haven't been here yet, you are really missing out. Try Tuesday or Thursday night $10 curry night (check to make sure the offer is still current), or takeaway that comes with free rice.
This place is an oasis of deliciousness in an area that is certainly not flush with good places to eat high quality food. Plenty of free parking in the carpark out front of the restaurant.

• Visited September 2012