“Great place to stay when visiting relatives” 4 of 5 stars

Gardenia Motor Inn
850 Hume Highway, Bass Hill, Bankstown, New South Wales 2197, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bass Hill
Nowra
“Great place to stay when visiting relatives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Stayed here for the first time to visit family during school holidays. Had teenages with me. Was very impressed with our room as well away from the highway and safe place to park our car. I'm pleased we stayed during the week as we got to experience the dining which was fantastic. Food was just great, waitress so helpful. Red Rooster next door for the next night and our with family the other night. Rooms where very clean and had everything we needed. Safe and clean.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
parkes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

This motel is a hidden gem in Bass Hill especially for the worker, the staff are great very friendly and most hospitable from the person that greets you in reception to the house keeping ladies and everyone in between. Some of the standard rooms may be a little out dated but have all the amenities and they're very clean, if you looking for something a little more modern with a little more space ask for an executive room. The restaurant food is sensational and very reasonable priced. I would strongly recommend this spot to business travelers (ideal) and tradesmen people, but be warned you get addicted and want to go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

Booked a room with this hotel on the way to the Sydney Rugby League Grand final (Sunday Oct 5th 2008). The chap I spoke to was very friendly and I felt welcome. They were almost booked out, Had 2 rooms left. I was given a room towards the end of the first floor on the left hand side of the complex as you drive into the building. I thought this was great as away from the street noise.

Room was very outdated and old. Desperately needs a re-do. However everything was clean, and parking a plenty.

Red Rooster is literally next door if you need a feed, McDonalds a little further up, still walking distance. Yagoona shops and KFC are probably a 4-5min drive away.

When I returned from the football, around 11pm. I had grabbed some dinner and was quite tired , looking forward to a good sleep before a big drive the next day. Watched a little tv, then hit the sack. It was now around 11.45pm.

Unfortunately a couple had then just entered the room next door. They werent loud, but you could hear their every conversation. I couldnt sleep. About 30 mins later they turned on the tv, again not too loud I dont think, but it was very annoying all the same. They then started to, ummm, how to I say this tastefully, make very passionate and aggressive love, lol. It went on for over an hour, not a wink of sleep for me. Then the worst part, they started to argue and complain about , what seemed to me, very trivial and simple stuff. This went on for a good 90mins. Finally I heard the bloke get a call from his mate and he left. I started to get to sleep well after 3am

In a nutshell, the rooms are ok, but if you want some quietness, whatever noise is coming from the ajoining room you will hear it. In my case it was probably an extreme case, but I love my sleep and wont take the chance of this sort of thing happening again, So unfortunately wont be staying here again for this very reason only

• Liked — Friendly checkin, clean, good location
  • Disliked — Ajoining room noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Gardenia Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Gardenia Motor Inn

Address: 850 Hume Highway, Bass Hill, Bankstown, New South Wales 2197, Australia
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Greater Sydney > Bankstown > Bass Hill
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bass Hill
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gardenia Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Gardenia Motor Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.