“About the best b-b-q you'll ever find!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
California
“About the best b-b-q you'll ever find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I don't mean just the meat or the sauce. My wife and I ordered the Smokehouse Backyard Combo with two meats and two sides, to share. We chose the ribs and the beef brisket for our two meats and the Smokehouse potato salad and coleslaw for the two sides. We also ordered a side of the Cheesy Garlic Bread. Our drinks, pink lemonade and water w/lemon came in a couple of those quart size canning jars....just like down home (well somebody's home).

My first bite was the Cheesy Garlic Bread......oh man! I immediately asked for a business card because just that was so deserving of my time for a review....incredible. Then I quickly moved on to the two meats. I had their regular smokehouse b-b-q sauce and also the spicey so I took turns dunking each fork full.

OK, both meats were just as great for b-b-q as the bread was for garlic bread....exceptional. Eventually, I got around to trying the potato salad and coleslaw and I felt the same way about both of those. By now I'm having a conversation with myself....relax, maybe it's not all that great....maybe I'm hungrier than I realize. About then my wife speaks up and says "I can't believe it....everything is just incredible....even the potato salad. We both agreed that both the brisket and the ribs were cooked exactly like we like them.

This is our first time to this area but when we return later this summer....Jaspers Smokehouse & Steaks will be our first lunch or dinner! Do yourself a favor and stop in and see what Toni, the chef and owner has going....you will not regret it. Atmosphere is tourist casual so you can go as you are.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best pulled brisquet ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

You must go to this place with a big appetite because you get a generous amount of food. I had the pulled brisquet sandwich and it's awesome. Also I asked the waitress if i could have a small portion of bbq ribs and they were excelent. It was a very great food experience. I recomend it for sure!!

Thousand Oaks, California
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Jaspers is a must stop for us each time we are in town. I love the pulled pork sandwich. My husband is a big fan of the ribs. The sides are delicious and the service is always great. They are continually busy at lunch and dinner time so plan accordingly as this isn't a large establishment.

Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“The Worst Restaurant In Big Bear”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The service is abysmal. The staff was openly disrespectful. It is the most upsetting experience I've ever had at a restaurant. I wish I were allowed to rate the restaurant a zero. Stay away.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Big Bear Lake, California
“ADEQUATE BBQ AT HIGH PRICES”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Several times either before or after seeing a movie at the Village Theaters across the street, we have eaten BBQ here. While the food is decent, the prices strike me as high for the value received (small portions). I haven't particularly noticed deficient service as some of the other reviewers have noted, but it all depends on when you go there. Obviously, the Christmas/New Year's Day holiday period is the high season for all of the restaurants downtown. It does, however, offer convenience if you're in the Village, as we were. But then again, there are many restaurants in the Village to choose from depending on the desired cuisine. Personally we prefer the BBQ at Diamond Lil's (reviewed elsewhere), but it's a bit of the beaten track and hard to find.

• Visited July 2013