“View is the only redeeming quality” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Big Bear Lake, California
“View is the only redeeming quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Food was very mediocre and not flavorful at all-view was beautiful, but dogs all over the beach area, which appeared to have the nicest setting yet they didn't serve meals out there. Interiors somewhat tacky, prices high, and dirty tables with no other customers at the restaurant when we arrived, and sketchy looking patrons in the bar. Too bad b/c the location has potential to be so much more.

Visited June 2012

Queretaro, Mexico
“An unpretentious restaurant with great BBQ and a view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The ribs and brisket were excellent. The meat was flavorful and fell off the bone. The Brisket Salad was different. It is just what you think, a salad with a lot of brisket on it. The restaurant has a great view of the lake and you can get there by land or water.

You cannot eat the menu but it was cute. They tried to make it such that every item began with the letter “B”. Sometimes it was a stretch but it is the thought that counts.

I think the price was a little high but maybe it was resort prices. A sandwich with fries and a beer after tip was nearly $20. That being said, they had an appetizer of homemade potato chips that was just excellent.

Objectively I would give this place a “C+” but I will make it a “B-“ for the sake of the name.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Monica, California
“Tasty food with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had a late lunch here and found it to be very good. The Brisket, potato salad, baked beans were all tasty. The service was also fast and friendly. There are two restaurants, but if you want to sit on the beach side you can ask for the menu of the main restaurant and the servers will order your food from there. Beware that this is a dog beach, so if you don't like dogs sit at the main restaurant on their patio. We were there on a Sunday and they had live music on the beach. Depending on your taste in music, that may be another reason to sit at the main restaurant. Overall, we enjoyed the food and atmosphere and would recommend it.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Cash only policy has cost them their TripAdvisor rating, but not my business.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I found this place by searching... TripAdvisor ratings. At the time, I believe this place rated 2nd of all the restaurants in big bear. Now, it rates 40 out of 80. Wow. I've been coming here for the past few years. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. The food is great, and the selection is large, and the view you cannot beat. I like to sit outside and look at the lake as I eat. I do think it was a stupid business decision to stop accepting credit cards, because it is the only reason I can think of why the average rating has slipped so dramatically on here on 2 years. They explained to me that they had 2 options: raise the prices or only accept cash. However, that won't stop me from coming here. I like the food, I love the views, and I've never had a problem with their service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellflower, California, United States
“Worst Homemade Chili I've Ever Had !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Being a biker I have had my fair share of Homemade Chili. This place claims #1 People's Choice chili on the Mountain. ROFLOL there chili is nothing more then Hormel canned with some brisket added to it. Here is the real sad part a bowl will hit your wallet up for a staggering $11 and is actually just a 16oz styrofoam coffee cup full. I got take out so I sure hope they give a better serving size Inside.

• Visited May 2012