“Home Cooked Food without the Wait!” 4 of 5 stars

42011 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 39 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Moorpark, California
“Home Cooked Food without the Wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

That same weekend, we went to Grizzly Manor for breakfast. Next day, we tried this one.

It's a good place to have home cooked food! The staff was very friendly. My hubby had traditional pancake, bacon, eggs, and toast. I had breakfast earlier so I just had coffee. Nibbled on his breakfast.

Maybe my taste bud is not discriminating. But the food here was comparable to Grizzly Manor without the wait. So that's a plus. Would we eat here again? Yes.... good home cooked breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

SO CAL
“Great family-owned restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

They serve breakfast and lunch, and food and service are great!
The family really wants to please and ask for customers' opinions of food.

Visited January 2014
Glendale, California
“Yummy Food at a Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

After realizing that the wait for Grizzly Manor would take all morning, my husband and I decided to seek out a different restaurant for breakfast.

The Grind and Grill Cafe is cozy and welcoming. They do a really good breakfast, especially the pancakes and it's reasonably priced.

The only issue was the server. She was very nice, but not very good at her job. She kept screwing up orders left and right ( not just ours) and was not very good with juggling the various tables/ orders. We had to ask her for various things several times and after asking for the check, twice, we just walked up to the counter to pay. The man at the counter was apologetic. Really, this restaurant has very nice people running it, I just think that our server must have either been new or not cut out for being a server. She always had a smile and was friendly, which counts for a lot.

This said, we would definitely return on future trips to the area. It's good food at a good value.

Like my review? Check out my blog!

Visited February 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice Home Cooked Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stopped in for a quick breakfast before heading up for a day on the mountain.
This is a true family business, Dad working the grill and Daughter waiting tables.
The service was warm and hospitable, backed up with a great "no nonsense" breakfast. The waffles, eggs, and bacon were all perfect.
If you are looking for something with a more personalized touch than Denny's, look no further.
The next time we are in Big Bear for skiing and boarding, we will start our day with breakfast here.

“Outstanding Food in a Quaint Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

OUTSTANDING RESTAURANT!!!! My wife, kids and I decided to come up to Big Bear for a couple days. Heard about the new Grind and Grill cafe and heard positive reviews about the food and customer service. Shaleigh is an amazing waitress. Was super friendly, greeted us upon entry and let us choose where we wanted to sit. Immediately provided us with menus, crayons and menus to keep my children entertained. I reviewed the menu and eventually settled on the AVALANCHE, their signature breakfast dish. YUM, warning you have to have a big appetite to finish it. They often recommend it as a meal for two, yet many think they can conquer it without having leftovers....Of course, I had the appetite and finished it. Kids settled on dollar pancake meals and the wife on oatmeal.

Definitely great food and well worth the price. I did review previous comments prior to going and questioned the owner, Lynda about the menu issue over fries costing extra to have with the sandwiches. Lynda informed me that was a mistake when the menus were printed. The fries are included with sandwiches and an add-on house salad is only $1.99 extra. New menus are being printed to correctly reflect these prices.

Better food than IHOP, Denny's, Carrows, etc. yet similar pricing, decent for a family to eat at a reasonable price without breaking the bank.

• Visited October 2013