“Good for late night and live music” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Steakhouse, Organic
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Black Diamond Tavern offers contemporary, American cuisine in a mountain approachable setting. With a bar, lounge and community table for casual dining and a fireplace framed dining room set with booths, Black Diamond can provide a range of experiences from intimate dining to a more interactive, social environment. Black Diamond provides weekend live entertainment along with 7 day a week happy hour from 3-6.30pm.
Faunskin, CA
“Good for late night and live music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our group of six enjoyed the meal and the live entertainment. The drinks were generous and the prices were very fair.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, California
“Nice atmosphere, funny servers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Okay, first part. A cute little server comes by and asks how we are doing. We are near the end of the meal and my teenage daughter is a slow eater. The server asks if she is done and my daughter tells her no. No joke, not even 30 seconds go by and the same server comes by and asks my daughter, "Are you done with that?" My daughter was so polite, but looked at my wife and I like she just got sucked into the Twilight Zone.

The food is average. It hit the spot after a long day of ziplining and lake viewing. The pizza crust seemed a little store bought, pre frozen, not handmade. The salads were average, nothing to shout from the mountain tops. The fish and chips were the saving grace. Fried fish was flakey, decent portion, and the malt vinegar aioli was spot on.

Instead of bread, they bring out fresh potato chips. Look out cholesterol here I come. But, I lost the will power, and asked for a second serving.

Visited April 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice romantic spot! Great food! Nice staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stopped in for dinner. The restaurant was dark and they had candles lit in the fireplace, my wife thought it was romantic. I ordered a pizza called the Hangover, it was different and very delicious (chorizo, jalepenos and pineapple). My wife had the Calamari appetizer and some of my pizza. Staff was friendly.

Visited April 2013
CA
“Completely unexpected to find such a high quality restaurant in the middle of Big Bear Lake...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Big Bear Lake is not exactly known for fine dining which is why we were pleasantly surprised when we stumbled into Black Diamond Tavern. We read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. I wish I could remember our server's name because she was really fantastic. Service, in general, was great here. Our group of six was seated immediately and were served fresh, homemade potato chips with a cucumber tzatziki-like dipping sauce that was delicious. The cocktail menu was comprehensive and selection of beers on draft commendable. I ordered the fish and chips which were perfectly cooked and not too greasy. I would even go so far as to say that it was the best fish and chips I have had... I definitely would recommend the Black Diamond Tavern to everyone that is looking for a quality spot for dinner. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Big Bear Lake, California
“EXCELLENT FOOD /Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Although on the pricey side worth every penny for a nice romantic meal with your someone special . Some food on menu does change but the taste Never does

Visited October 2012