“Awesome burgers, funky decor!!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Awesome burgers, funky decor!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stumbled upon this place when we were exploring the town of Big Bear Lake and had rumbly stomaches. So glad we stopped in!! Delicious food, fun setting-- yes, the food takes time to get to you, but they plainly state that they are not a fast food restaurant, and everything is made fresh. I was happy to wait a while for my burger, and spend that time talking to my table mates and sipping coke in a bottle, and get something made to order and great-tasting.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Huntington Beach, California
“Good Burgers, interesting decor, serves Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We enjoyed the burgers, some with interesting toppers. 4 or 5 different fry type options, so something for everyone. They serve beer, in bottles. They had Hangar 24 and some other options. Really neat decor. However, a bit on the expensive side, but it's Big Bear so a lot of things are.

Visited July 2014
“So-So... Was hoping for more...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

After reading the reviews, drooling over the pictures, and deciding to give the mixed reviews a try... We ended up at Get The Burger!

Easy to find and with great atmosphere, I was ready to order and dig in.

My partner and I decided on the Leading Man burger - he ordered sweet potato fries and I wanted the Taters O'neil - The one thing I really really wanted - And they were out of tots! How can you be out of something that is a main draw on your menu??!! I ordered onion rings instead.

While the wait was long (25min) it wasn't bad and the food came out hot.

Burgers were decent... Hamburger patties were of the frozen variety but I knew that going in. My partner didn't mind. Buns were lightly toasted, lettuce and tomato were fresh, and the best part... The American cheese had melted into their "special sauce" and grilled onions. This was by far the only redeeming thing about the burger.

Sides were ho-hum. Sweet potato fries were a mixture of over and under cooked and the onion rings were a frozen product as well.

A couple of good things...
Service was good... Polite but not chatty or homey
They serve BOTH Pepsi and Coke products which made me and my partner both happy!!

Not the best...
Not the worst...
Wished they'd have had the tots!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Beaumont, California
“Good Food but a bit Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We ate at Get the Burger last week while visiting Big Bear. The food was good, but it is somewhat pricey. The service is slow and dont expect the food to be ready very fast. We would eat there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Old Time Burger Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The food was great- from the burgers to the tater tots and onion rings to the chocolate and vanilla malts we ordered. The service was good and the seating comfortable. The prices were not bad and the decor was unique and artistic. Overall a great place for a bite to eat with the family.

Visited June 2014