I've stayed here a few times and have enjoyed it. The staff is friendly. The cabins are fun to stay in and aren't too rustic since they have microwaves, etc. It's nice to have a real fireplace.
The location is excellent. There is a beach right there, a little dock, round tables with umbrellas, picnic tables, and grills. You can walk to the town for lunch, dinner, shopping, and drinks later on in the evening and not have to worry about that drive back! It's only a few minutes to walk to a boat ride on the lake in one direction and the luge ride in the other.
My only negative is that the TVs need to be updated. It's only $200 for a 32" HDTV flat screen. I'm not sure why hotels continue to hang on to those big hard to watch tubes.
Whether you want to relax or have some fun, Big Bear Frontier Cabins & Hotel is a great option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Big Bear Frontier is located on Big Bear Lake with 600 feet of private beachfront. We have 57 lovely cabins and motel rooms, all decorated in lodge pole mountain motif. Be sure to bring your beach towels and plan to Barbeque on one of our many grills, located around the property. Our beautiful grounds feature large lawns and giant pine trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Big Bear Frontier Cabins & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Bear Frontier Cabins And Hotel
- Big Bear Frontier Cabins Hotel Big Bear Lake
- Big Bear Frontier Hotel
- Big Bear Frontier Lake
- Big Bear Frontier Lodge
- Big Bear Frontier Cabins & Hotel Big Bear Region, CA - Big Bear Lake