Went to skiing at Big Bear Lake and needed a place to stay. Decided on staying at Northwoods since it seemed to be the nicest hotel/resort in Big Bear (3 1/2 stars I think...) Anyway, mixed reviews on my stay, however since there are limited options available of nice hotels - would be willing to stay here again. Below are the pros and cons of my stay:
*Was arriving very late at night and the reservation line was willing to provide me with a great deal. Appreciative of how they went above and beyond to accommodate.
*Attached restaurant has great breakfast food with friendly staff
*Within 2 miles of snow summit and within walking distance to the "Village" with lots of shops/restaurants
*Rates are very reasonable
*Overall, clean hotel
*Front desk staff was less than friendly. Indifferent or curt may be a good description...if you had a question, they would barely answer and would not really assist.
*Internet was aweful - not sure if it was just my part of the building, but every 10 minutes, the internet would drop and reconnect - very difficult for working. Also, beware - I could not get my mac to connect
*Hotel needs to be remodeled/repaired. There were water/wet spots on the carpets in the hallways. TV, bathroom, amenities - all could use an update
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year round resort offering a variety of activities (from skiing to mountain biking); amenities include an outdoor heated pool, arcade, sauna and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Northwoods Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northwoods Resort Big Bear Lake
- Northwoods Hotel Big Bear Lake
- Northwoods Resort Big Bear Region, CA - Big Bear Lake