“Grow a Tree. Lend a Hand. Be Amazed | Takladtamig D0S @Lake Holon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Maughan / Lake Holon

Lake Maughan / Lake Holon
T'Boli, Mindanao, Philippines
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in T'Boli
Koronadal City
“Grow a Tree. Lend a Hand. Be Amazed | Takladtamig D0S @Lake Holon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Ah Oh! My First Outdoor Experience

It has been a long tough climb for a newbie like me but perseverance and hard work were my weapons along the trail with the firm conviction of grasping the splendid waters of Holon. Step by step, together with my lifesaver Cherry we have to stop, look and listen in the surroundings to keep the dead tired feeling away, those were the moments I got confuse with the definition of near from far as I asks every passersby, guides and fellows on how long more will it take us to reach the lake. and Yes! after four hours finally we have set our eyes and foot to this serene place in my home province, Lake Holon at T'boli-South Cotabato that was named twice as the CLEANEST LAKE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

Reaching out to the kids of Salacafe through giving of tsinelas and feeding makes the event worthwhile as the advocacy of Takladtamig! (FHM) is to do mountaineering with a heart, Read more about Takladtamig! (FHM) from Mr. Louie Pacardo's blog HERE.

According to my father who cracked the joke that I got his consent because he thought I'll be heading to SM, which means "SA MOUNTAIN" that the substance of the trek was getting immersed with the indigenous kiddos. Exactly he's right. I always have a good memory of those kiddos wearing their bright smiles responding to the greeting "Affiu Flafus" | "Yu" I'm writing this now smiling fond by the memory of the outreach climb still sentimental about it and the photo above.

Heading our way back to Salacafe we have planted "Nabol" seedlings tree in Sitio Nabol together with fellow mountaineers we met along the trail. I couldn't find exact and confirmed details regarding this tree on the web but articles states that is widely grown and planted on the areas of South Central Mindanao.

It is our way of returning back to mother nature what she gave us, her undying beauty and resources we have for a living. This is something to look forward to going back to the place for another fun climb and adventure to watch out for its growth and development.

Thank you Takladtamig! (FHM) organizers and folks for an awesome long weekend to be treasured for a lifetime, the short bonding moments and those words of advices, shared experiences, thoughts and stories will be taken with a heart something to carry on after the event for the first timers like us from all of you. This is just the first of numerous highlands adventures we will reach, we will be in full mountaineering battle gear the next time around, until the next climb fellows.

Rock the mountains! God Bless us all!

Visited August 2012