“Fantastic Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to this great little restaurant for the first time in May to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. We decided to go mid-week and take advantage of the early bird menu. The food was really good and you got plenty; I was very impressed. The service was also very good and I will definitely be going back and would recommend it.

It didn't really made much of a difference to me, but my only slight issue was that the early bird menu shown on the website was not the same as the deal offered at the restaurant. I think it actually worked out better for us at 15 pounds each for two courses each and sharing a bottle of wine as we both wanted to drink red wine, but since the website says 14 pounds for 2 courses plus a glass of wine I might have been a bit disappointed if we'd have wanted different wines. As I was happy with the offer, I didn't need to check whether they would have honoured the deal on the website, but it might be worth checking the deal when you book.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
skippy197_12, Owner at The Green Door, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the Green Door , we are very glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see toy again .Regards Graham

91% Recommend
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal this afternoon. High quality freshly cooked food and amazing value for money. Highly recommend a visit! Only minor criticism - music needs to be turned up a notch to enhance the ambience in the day. The addition of non-alcoholic lager for my dad who can't drink would be an added bonus too! Will definitely return!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
skippy197_12, Owner at The Green Door, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
thank you very much for your review on the green door im sorry about the beer for your dad as normally I would always have some in remind me next time your in and I will make sure he can have it on the house
Graham
“Very welcoming, and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went for my wife's birthday with a party of 8. Everybody commented about the fact they can't
believe they'd never been, It really is a hidden gem this place.
I'll be going back again for sure!!!!

• Visited May 2013
skippy197_12, Owner at The Green Door, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
thank you very much for your review of the green door and hope to see you again soon
Manchester
“just what the area needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Busy Saturday night, but still great attentive service and food. It's good to have another place to eat out in the Rochdale area that does not feel like a national chain and provides a good atmosphere with good food. Only doubtful thoughts are that on the night we went there were too many tables crowded together which made it difficult to manoeuvre through, but it did not spoil our night.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
skippy197_12, Owner at The Green Door, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
thanks very much for your review of the green door hope to see you again soon
manchester
“Awesome food and a really great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We were in search of a table for lunch on Fathers Day and decided to try the Green Door. Must say the food was delicious and although they were really busy the service was great and we weren't kept waiting at all. We eat out often and it was so refreshing to meet owners and staff who actually cared about the quality of their food. We will return for sure!

• Visited June 2013
skippy197_12, Owner at The Green Door, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
thank you very much for your review of the green door hope to see you again soon