“Great staff !!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great staff !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Great staff , good cheap food and although it was a horrible day , I am sure that the lake view would have been fantastic !!!
Made even better by the lady who took our order say the classic Victoria Wood " Two soups " sketch line ... " READY TO ORDER SIR?"...

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stockport
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Today we have visited this establishment and were extremely disappointed with a certain member of staff named Lee, after asking my partner and I to remove our self from the dining area as we were not eating as the tables were fully booked-just to say there were numerous tables empty, as we left clutching the drinks we had just purchased we were not directed to any alternative seating just told to go outside as we could not stay in this part of the pub! The manner in which we were told to leave was disgraceful-I do understand the pub was busy however this is no way to treat a paying customer-I will never be returning and perhaps it would be a good idea to send all staff on a customer services training course to learn how to deal face to face with the general public!

• Visited September 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Beach, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear IJHStockport

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Beach in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Popular lakeside put”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Beach is very popular with families visiting the local beauty spot of Hollingworth Lake and therefore, there is often some time to wait before a table becomes available. Although staff are extremely good, the pub is so busy they are rushed off their feet, but in spite of this, the food is very good and served as quickly as possible. On a nice sunny day, the extensive outside seating areas are always well used as is the children's playground. This is a really good family orientated pub and good value for money.

Visited August 2013
littleborough
“Service diabolical”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Beach is my local pub and I have visited it on, literally, hundreds of occasions. In fact a few years ago I submitted a report to Trip Advisor saying how good the food was.
For about three years I went in the pub for a meal once a week, every week, and thoroughly enjoyed it, but not any more!!!
Towards the end of 2012 I had three or four meals that were basically tasteless and I decided to stop going in for a while, substituting the Harrows carvery and the Regal Moon as places to eat.
Then, after a few months, I began to wonder whether there had been any improvement and so I revisited the Beach. There hadn't! And it was quite noticable that the service had also deteriorated somewhat. with two queues being formed at the two tills to order food. If you wanted just a pint then you joined the end of one of the queues and waited your turn behind all the people ordering food and coffee. If you like to wait twenty minutes to just to get a pint of beer then this is the place for you!
I ate another indifferent 10 oz gammon (which used to be excellent) and decided to give the place a miss for an indefinite period.
Then, last Friday I had quests at my house and they asked me where the nearest pub was. "Well it's the Beach," I said but it's gone downhill.
My friends convinced me that it might have improved and so we went.
One male (a regular barman, who I've never seen smile yet,) was behind one till and a female who looked as though she was about to kill every customer in the pub with her scowl was behind the other. Both had queues of about eight people.
Another employee was putting up a sign to say "wait here for a table" and he was verbally telling customers arriving that there would be an hour to wait for food.
The female then left her till and never came back, so the male on the other till said to the people in her queue "there's only me serving now - you'll have to join the end of this queue."
Some people just walked out, others grumbled and moved over.
I took my guests over to Mr Thomas's and we had great fish and chips.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Beach, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear shakerLittleborough,

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Beach who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board.

We do hope to see you soon in Beach soon.

Kind regards,

Fayre & Square
manchester
“Usual pub fayre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nothing fancy. Gets very busy with families and people who walk around the lake. But hey, who can complain at their special 2 for 1 meal.

Visited August 2013