“Best wedding I've ever attended!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beeston Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoghton
Beeston Manor
You added Beeston Manor to your Saves list
Quaker Brook Lane, Hoghton, Preston PR5 0RA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hoghton B&B and Inns
“Best wedding I've ever attended!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Today we attended a wedding at beeston having three young children in tow one severely disabled my nerves were shot before we left the house! But I am delighted to say it turned out to be the best wedding venue I have ever visited and would highly recommend it! ...the staff were lovely the host was fantastic! Before the wedding breakfast we were in the bar upstairs ( with a wheel chair?) no problem they have a lift that we were directed to without even asking. Having a disabled child and two other young children who get bored and naughty... The staff couldn't have been more helpful the host made them alien zapper guns from balloons they were allowed to draw during the wedding breakfast and the host mingled throughout making sure everyone was happy. The staff were helpful and never pretentious or patronising which is a real rarity we felt welcome from arrival to departure I would highly recommend this venue!
Note to management ... Your host is worth his weight in diamonds never mind gold!!!!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We wanted to leave a review after holding our wedding day in May this year.

We had booked to see a few venues but after coming to Beeston Manor and seeing the room and gardens we cancelled those other viewings and made our decision to hold our wedding at Beeston.

We honestly cannot thank the staff and venue enough - from planning it, decorating the room and on the day, everything went so well and without hitch. Nothing was too much trouble and Karen, Janet, Amy and the team have brilliant idea's for dressing up your room, where to serve food and how to make everyone as comfortable as possible.

I wasn't able to decorate the room myself due to weddings either side of my day, but in advance I visited Beeston, told them my idea's and where certain things should go and stored the decorations there for the day. When I walked into the room after coming from the church I was so happy. I couldn't have done the room better myself and it took a big stress away from the day. Anyone who has to rely on the staff to do this please don't feel apprehensive, they are absolutely brilliant and it takes a massive strain away from you the day before.

So many people commented on how lovely the venue was and how helpful the staff were. We honestly wouldn't have changed a thing and picking Beeston was the best decision we made and we will certainly be back when the restaurant opens.

Thank you once again to all at Beeston for helping to make our day one to remember,

Danni & Adi x

Room Tip: Some rooms have showers and others only baths (possibly with a hand held shower attachment) so ask y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I got married at Beeston Manor in August 2 years ago and it was the best day of our lives!!
From the planning beforehand to the big day itself, Janet & John (the owners) were with us every step of the way and really went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The venue itself is stunning - an old barn that has been converted by the family in to a modern, luxurious wedding venue and restaurant set in gorgeous surroundings. The hospitality is second to none - the whole team are friendly and will do anything for you.
We love the venue so much that we head back to the restaurant every Valentines day, Anniversary and any other time we can make an excuse to!! The food is great, Julie (chef) is brilliant, weve just had a lovely meal there recently (including a fab desert of profiteroles with toffee fudge sauce - amazing!) Everytime we go back they are always so happy to see us - they've become like our second family!
We honestly cant recommend this place more highly!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We got married at Beeston Manor on the 21st of June and wanted to make sure that we took our time to write this review. Having visited at least 15 previous venues all of which failed to meet expectation we went to Beeston Manor on a whim. Despite our impromptu arrival, Amy was more than happy to show us around this absolutely outstanding venue. It only took us the drive home to agree that Beeston Manor was the ideal place for us to get married.

Over the course of the next 9 months Amy, Janet, John and Karen were excellent in their support and organisation. We especially appreciated their flexibility in our menu - afternoon tea, followed by an outdoor bbq, as well as us being able to use our own bunting and home grown flowers.

The day of our wedding could not have gone more perfect. We would like to personally thank every member of staff at Beeston Manor on their impeccable professionalism, good natured humour and organisation. Amy operates with an almost sixth sense ability and was always close to hand if we needed anything.

Beeston Manor is a beautifully appointed venue and allows you step outside the sterile environment of so many other hotels and venues, we were truly able to tailor our wedding to what we wanted and Beeston's elevated location and panoramic views only added to the style we wanted for our wedding.

We could not recommend Beeston Manor highly enough and would strongly encourage anyone to visit and take a look at how a family run venue should be.

On a final note we would both like to thank everyone at Beeston Manor for making our wedding a truly special day, and we both look forward to visiting again for afternoon tea in the future.

Emmie and Gavin

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Attended our friends wedding here and stayed over, perfect location, venue superb, staff friendly, rooms small but very clean and have everything you need. Just call reception for your tea and coffee and they will provide a tray.

Perfect day

• Stayed May 2013
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

As an event organiser I booked this venue for a full day conference on behalf of a company I work for. I was so pleased that this venue was available at such short notice and within budget. The management team (Karen & Amy) worked very closely with me to ensure that we were able to deliver exactly what my client wanted on the day.
I couldn't be happier with how the day went and my experience of Beeston Manor is full of superlatives. The room was lovely from the beautiful bathroom to the herbal teas, I can't think of anything I would have wanted to be done differently. Breakfast was lovely. I chose the cheese omelette and was told it was a popular choice but would I like to try it with some chopped fresh tomatoes? What a great idea, the salty, savoury cheese with the fresh tomatoes was amazing. The cafetiere of coffee was a lovely touch, very classy.
Throughout the day the management team couldn't do enough for the delegates; refreshment breaks were accompanied with home baked cakes or fresh chopped fruit. Lunch was met with gusto (so much that Julie had to make some more individual pizzas using sliced baps topped with the gorgeous tomato sauce and local cheese). Everyone I spoke to told me how much they'd enjoyed the day at Beeston Manor.
It's a family business and it's clear that the family are very chuffed with the place and incredibly proud of it but not in an arrogant way - they genuinely want their visitors to enjoy their time here and love it as much as they do. I wish I wasn't married, I'd love to take my husband here and marry him all over again, I know we'd have an amazing day. As they're booked up until 2015 perhaps we can divorce and start again :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having just returned from our honeymoon we feel it is only right and proper that we give an honest opinion of our wedding at Beeston Manor on 17th May. Right from the outset we were given a first class personal service by Janet and her daughter, Amy. Both were very obliging and went the extra mile to make sure our day was special, they simply could not do enough for us. The quality of the food was outstanding and the bar prices were very reasonable. The cleanliness of the rooms could not be faulted and were comfortable. There are so many good reports doing the rounds about Beeston, and it is a credit to the Bickerstaffe family so if you are planning a wedding or other celebration then you would be foolish to ignore this establishment.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beeston Manor? Share your experiences!