“Best Hotel In Tagum!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Big 8 Corporate Hotel

You added Big 8 Corporate Hotel to your Saves list
Big 8 Corporate Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   National Highway, Tagum City, Mindanao 8100, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tagum City
Funafuti, Tuvalu
“Best Hotel In Tagum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

By far the best hotel in Tagum City...Everyone at the hotel is very nice and customer service oriented. I have stayed here 4 times now, and even on my second trip they remembered me and knew me by name. I schedule pick up from Davao Airport with them, and have them take me back to Davao Airport when I leave. Flat screen TV's, Very Comfortable beds, 24 hour room service, very clean...prompt housekeeping, and there are smoking rooms available. Not to mention GREAT AIR CONDITIONING, which is important in a hot place like the Philippines. It's a very short distance from the Gaisano Mall (the newest and nicest mall in Tagum) and right across the street from "Balinsasayaw" which has become one of my favorite restaraunts in Tagum. Although the "Cafe Velma" is a restaraunt that is located on the Ground Floor of the hotel, and it is equally as delicious, but a bit pricey for Pinoy Standards. I highly reccomend this hotel, and the city itself. Its so refreshing to get away from the hustle and bustle and pollution in Manila area, and come to a nice relaxing place like Tagum. Enjoy!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but remember to specify smoking/non, if you want a view just tell them, and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Last May 2013, I was invited to attend my friend's Wedding, this place was chosen as the reception venue. Great interior with a grand staircase, delicious food, and well decorated hall that looks very elegant and fabulous. I was amazed to know that there is a new hotel here in Tagum City that can accommodate big events it connects with their name which is "Big 8 Corporate Hotel" they can accommodate about 1,500 persons in Grand Ballroom. The price was a little bit pricey but is worth it for what you would pay for due to its excellent and elegant outcome of the event that would be memorable to us and specially to the newly wed. The room where the bride and groom stayed was very elegant and it has a receiving area for visitor's, the bed headboard was surrounded with swarovski. The hotel's location is along National Highway. The service is good and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. I want to be back again in this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Canada, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

A very nice place to stay in Tagum. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms is okay . The hotel is accessible to the malls which is very convenient for shopping and food. The swimming pool is not yet available and were really disappointed with it because as what I know the hotel has start it's operation last year but until now the pool is not yet ready...but we really enjoyed the ambiance of the place..the lobby and it's sofa's are big and tastefully decorated and the there was also a high back chair were you can sit and feels like you were a king and queen the chair has swarovski. And the most important thing is they have WIFI in the room! WIFI in the lobby and restaurant, the buffet breakfast is delicious. All in all, this is a very nice place and I would stay here again on my next vacation to Tagum City, Philippines !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked a week at the Big 8 hotel, and was so happy with it so extended my stay for a further 4 days. My room was very comfortable, with a nice bathroom and cable TV. The hotel is very clean, and when there was a minor problem with the plumbing, it was fixed within 10 minutes. This is probably the best hotel in Tagum City. The restaurant does a good breakfast, Philippino style, and the general standard of the food is excellent. There will be a swimming pool at the hotel soon, but it was still not completed during my stay.
I found the staff to be very helpful and kind. I will certainly return next time I visit Tagum.

Seattle, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It's the Philippines. It's provincial Mindanao. And it's in a tiny town. They're barely trying, and failing miserably. I was rolling with the punches until the front desk advised me they were going for a 4-star rating. It's a 3 star property at best, but considering the horrific customer service it's a 2-star.

On the property, an attempt was made to impress, but, you can tell quickly it's only on the surface. The first thing I noticed was there were no drawers in the rooms. I was there for 6 nights and kept everything in my suitcase. I hate that. The 'shelving' instead was pressboard covered with vinyl (think WalMart or Ikea). Amazingly, the receptacles are the old style, non-grounded system (two-prong), requiring adapters. When I asked for one, housekeeping just took it off the hot-water pot. Next, I hopped in the shower only to find a puddle of water all over the bathroom floor. Maintenance had to change the shower head. While they were working on that, I noticed there was only one pair of sandals and one set of toiletries. How can this be? There are two of us. I locked up my passport and laptop in the in-room safe only to require Maintenance again on check-out because it was broken. Took 20 minutes, but finally got my things out.

The internet was painfully slow and prone to failure. The service was provided by PLDT who, in my experience, are just notorious for ensuring lots of internet downtime. Speaking of downtime, the elevator was out at the worst possible moment for us. So frustrating.

I asked to use the Business Center, but somehow, at 7pm it was closed. The next morning I asked to used it to print a single page. As is often the case in the Phils, it immediately became an issue. First, at 9am, it's locked, AC off and computer (just one in there) was shut down. So, I wait for the computer to start, only to be prompted for a password. The individual gets on the phone with god-knows-who and after a few attempts can't get through. So, now it's off to the office where the girls are printing business cards. So, I wait a few more minutes and finally get my page. Just such a pain. Again, if they'd never suggested they're a 4-star hotel, I'd been less irritated or maybe even silent.

Oh, and the pool wasn't available.

On the customer service, no attempt was made to impress. None whatsoever. Completely disgusted with the way we were treated. Among other customer service failures, once the check out process went over 35 minutes I just left saying, "You've got my card on file, right? I'm going to miss my flight! I gotta go!" Just painful. We didn't even know about the free breakfast until we were checking out.

Finally, I said, "If this is a 4-star hotel, what does that make the Four Seasons?" Just blank stares. As soon as we checked out we were on our way to Davao for our flight to Manila and then down to Amanpulo on Pamalican Island. Here, we enjoyed absolutely stunning service and breathtaking beauty. Following that world-class resort, we stayed at the new Raffles in Makati. In room check-in, an incredible Executive Suite and outstanding service. Quite a juxtaposition with Tagum and the Big 8.

In the end, it may be the best in town (the Golden Palace is nothing to write home about). But, trust me, that's not saying much. Just please, don't call it a 4-star property!

Room Tip: Go to Makati!

Travelers are raving about these Tagum City hotels

Tagum City, Helmand, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The rate of the room when we book the hotel was lower than we pay on the day we check in.Employees in this hotel who happened to be the in-charge of contacting customers through mails failed to do their job before we arrive there.Then almost everyday when we stayed already in the hotel they always asked if we agreed to the said price which was not what we agreed before we book the hotel. We feel irritated during our stay in this hotel because of that. The hotel also is still under construction and the walls are not good because we can hear the voices of our neighbor.All in all i felt bad during my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tagum City, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

A brand new hotel in tagum so we kinda have a high expectations.the royal room/hall,venue of our son's bday party.very irritating,i asked the manager about food handling nd how much the corkage charge?he said they charge 8,000 pesos per viand.seriously 8K???to which i nicely decline.the chinese buffet is just so so average.what a shame,lunch served 1 hour late!only 2 waiters for 50 guests.poor thing they looked so stressed.no enough parking space! I was really disappointed when the hotel staff (front desk,marketing,waiters)looks like they doesnt know what they're doing.it was really frustrating because its a 4 star hotel but with a lousy 2 star service.themanagement should check these employees since they dont exactly know their job.unfortunate experience!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Big 8 Corporate Hotel? Share your experiences!